»Lucrezia Borgia (Isolda Dychauk)

"Who will arrange me a marriage?"

« Older   Newer »

1. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Topic dedicato a Lucrezia, la bella figlia di Rodrigo. Per tutti i commenti sulla Lucrezia di Isolda Dychauk (per il personaggio storico, andare qui). // Topic focused on Lucrezia, Rodrigo's beautiful daughter. All you have to say about Isolda Dychauk's Lucrezia (for the historical character go here).

2. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

I think Isolda did a fantastic job on Lucrezia. From a history stand point her story was probably the most messed up in the series, but I def had a vibe of a girl slightly learning her way into a new life of Pop's daughter and at what price it comes with. her Lucrezia is at time very naive, just like the very young woman she is, but she also has a sharp mind and a very strong will. Like Cezare she did what he could not. She has a dedication to go a mile for what's she wants and you get that she is def her father's daughter.

3. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (butterfly-fly @ 8/5/2013, 20:37) 
    From a history stand point her story was probably the most messed up in the series

Yes, lol. But I like her too. Your analysis about her is right. It' so weird - and intriguing - that her character was so naive but conspirator too, so believer but with an assassin's mind. I love the fact she's very religious 'cause the true Lucrezia was.
    However this girl has sexual problems because she can not restrain her lust, lol! XD

4. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yes, lol. But I like her too. Your analysis about her is right. It' so weird - and intriguing - that her character was so naive but conspirator too, so believer but with an assassin's mind. I love the fact she's very religious 'cause the true Lucrezia was.
    However this girl has sexual problems because she can not restrain her lust, lol! XD

Haha, that's so true - she does! She is a bit of a sex addict, isn't she? I don't know why they needed that first guy to..well, sort of be her first while she was in haze of fever, she had more than enough suitors after that :D

5. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

I think Fontana did not want to abandon altogether the legend and this's why Lucrezia is a little slut very carnal, lol.

6. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Haha, that's so true - she does! She is a bit of a sex addict, isn't she? I don't know why they needed that first guy to..well, sort of be her first while she was in haze of fever, she had more than enough suitors after that

Actually, Gaspare da Procida was bethroted to her -one of the two fiancees before Sforza- but I'm pretty sure they never met before their bethrotal was nullified. Oh well, the sexual addict thing and her mood swings where it comes to love it's what I least like about her, I mean make up your mind gilr. That scene with Cesare at the end of season one, when she was willing to bed him with Perotto in the room... it didn't feel quite right. In any case, I like that she's grown this season, although
    she goes one being random in the love departement.

7. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Oh well, the sexual addict thing and her mood swings where it comes to love it's what I least like about her, I mean make up your mind gilr.

Lol! XD

8. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

That scene with Cesare at the end of season one, when she was willing to bed him with Perotto in the room...

Yeh, def, that was uncomfortable. And what they were doing with Perotto before Cezare busted in? Oh, dear, the girl has problems indeed...
    Here is hope as per Tom Fontana's words that he wanted to get her to place of a well respected and loved by hr people woman she was known in Ferarra. That's her journey of trials and tribulations (and controversial private life decisions)

9. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Here is hope as per Tom Fontana's words that he wanted to get her to place of a well respected and loved by hr people woman she was known in Ferarra. That's her journey of trials and tribulations (and controversial private life decisions)

Not going to spoil anything for you, but it's clear he takes that route for her from the start. He's not into the "poisoner" thing. But even this season
    though she does take the first step to become the a respected lady, more loved than feared by her people, she still has those moment of randomness love-wise.
    I think that's one of Fontana's fault, I feel the same happens with
    Cesare in the love departement this year.

10. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

I actually like that he (TF) is not into the poisoning, I'm a little tired of this image of Lucrezia ( and the family). It's more refreshing to see that tacking real action rather then plot and scheme all the time.
    Yeh, Lucrezia and Cezare are terribly romantically confused young people. Juan was also a bit of a maniac in that department:))) I guess TF wants us to believe it runs in the family.

11. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    I actually like that he (TF) is not into the poisoning, I'm a little tired of this image of Lucrezia ( and the family). It's more refreshing to see that tacking real action rather then plot and scheme all the time.

I agree with you, especially after reading the real Lucrezia's bios. It's interesting to see how the same rumours are applied over the time to different women for different reasons. The difference between Lucrezia and other women subjected to those rumours is that she actually didn't to anything special to "deserve it" herself, but even in rumours alone she's a pawn to discredit her family -just like in the eyes of her male relatives she's a pawn to stenghten the family's footing in Italy through marriages.
    To be honest the poisoner look has become quite old over time. I don't know, I'm more excited by a more truthful depiction of her.

CITAZIONE
    Yeh, Lucrezia and Cezare are terribly romantically confused young people. Juan was also a bit of a maniac in that department:))) I guess TF wants us to believe it runs in the family.

Thing is that Juan was phisically promiscous but not romantically so. Cesare and Lucrezia, on the other hand they just seem unable to make up their mind. XD It's like their very feelings take the turn according to what is more of an advantage to them.
    With Lucrezia I saw that in Sforza's case, and it's the same this season with Cesare and
    Carlotta D'aragona.
    It's lie their abition even influences them romantically speaking.

12. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

To be honest the poisoner look has become quite old over time. I don't know, I'm more excited by a more truthful depiction of her.

Yes, me too. The problem is with serialized TV they have to add some spicy stuff to make the drama, that's probably why Lucrezia's story (in S1) is the most messed up.

Cesare and Lucrezia, on the other hand they just seem unable to make up their mind. XD It's like their very feelings take the turn according to what is more of an advantage to them.

Haha, those dam mood swings :D
    I still have to watch what they did with Charlotte and Cezare this season, from what I remember it's more common knowledge that it was happy marriage.
    I agree with Sforza Lucrezia was so confused all the time - she likes him, than she doesn't like him, she wants him, then she doesn't. Some consistency here would be nice, though maybe it was showed in that way to remind us how young she was at the time.

13. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Yes, me too. The problem is with serialized TV they have to add some spicy stuff to make the drama, that's probably why Lucrezia's story (in S1) is the most messed up.

That's probably because the first part of her life up to the divorce isn't much exciting in the drama departement. She was just a normal married woman up to the annulment, and in a tv show that can end up being boring and the audience doesn't come to feel for the character. I understand that, but it's true the always try too hard with her and end up messing her storylines up in almost every Borgia-themed work.

CITAZIONE
    I still have to watch what they did with Charlotte and Cezare this season, from what I remember it's more common knowledge that it was happy marriage.

Actually this season
    Cesare is more preoccupied with Carlotta D'aragona than his wife. What brings him to get married is another serious moodswing. XD

14. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Guys, what do you think was the most controversial Lucrezia's move/decision in S1? (aside from killing Juan)

15. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Perhaps the decision to harm Sforza and actually dirty her own hands. I mean both the hunting accident but especially the bed scene when she wets the floor and lures him in then let him fall. I found it as a turning poin: up to that moment, she had always been protected by someone else -Cesare, Francesca, Paolo.
    But at that point she learns she has to take matters in her own hands, and that's like she suddenly becomes not only a woman but a Borgia woman, if you know what I mean.
    That's the kind of attitude that marks the difference between her and Jofré, for instance (Juan was a true Borgia in his own right in this respect): she actually defends herself from threats coming her way using cunning and losing her innocent in the process.

56 replies since 3/4/2013, 18:31   645 views