REIGN S2: INTERVISTE. // REIGN S2: INTERVIEWS.

[ARTICOLO]

« Older   Newer »

1. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuove interviste a Megan. // Megan's new interviews.

CITAZIONE
    Last season you were the Big Bad, but fans really embraced the character of Catherine. Why do you think fans are so sympathetic to this serial killer villain figure?:
    (Laughs) You’re being a little harsh. Well, I think because she’s fiercely loyal to her position, for one thing, but her children, to Francis. And she’s not someone who’s evil because she’s bored, for the sake of doing something. She’s deeply rooted in her convictions—even if they’re off-base, or even if you don’t agree with them. And I think that’s what makes her an interesting character... and far more dangerous. She’s also fun. I’m lucky because the way they write here, there’s a playfulness, and that’s engaging.

Totally! Last season there was a jaw-dropping scene where Catherine faked a hanging. What was that like? How did that go?
    You had to have trust in the people who were holding the rope for you. I was, as always, impressed with Catherine’s wiles because she found a way to get out of her predicament, so it was a blast. The stunt coordinator had the whole thing rigged up... you knew you needed to be very nice or they could just let it slip! (laughs) No, they’d never do that.

When you first landed the role of Catherine de’ Medici, did you try to research her history or did you want to approach her as your own character?
    Well I definitely did some research on her, I read some biographies, and she is an extraordinary and fascinating woman in a challenging political time, in a time of deep unrest, so there was that. And then there was obviously the style of the show we were doing, and the marrying of those two worlds and ultimately honoring our show, and the creators, and what they wanted this piece to be.

Last episode we saw King Henry come back as a ghost, and Reign has been playing with the supernatural and bringing it in around the edges of the show. Have you ever had a real-life experience with a ghost?
    (Laughs) No. I can’t say that I have. But I’ve certainly... I think in the house that I grew up in, everyone else seemed to have an experience with seeing ghosts. Maybe they were cutting me some slack!

Wait, did you grow up in a haunted house?
    The house that I grew up in had been, at one point, they had used it as a nursing home. So I think perhaps there were a few spirits floating around.

Any chance King Henry might return in a ghostly fashion?
    That’s a very interesting question. I know very little in advance, but I found it fascinating with Francis being haunted... [King Henry is] certainly an imposing figure. And there’s a lot of unresolved issues, whether he’s your husband or your father, to be haunted by.

You’ve done a lot of theater work (like, uh Chekov!). Do you bring theatrical training to Catherine, or is television work just completely different?
    There’s a huge difference in the process between the two crafts. Stagecraft is a very different process, you have more time to spend on scenes and it’s an accumulative and potentially safer environment in the rehearsal process, but then you’re completely exposed. Television is very different, but ultimately a good character is a good character. Though the techniques are very different, you still want something authentic. The end result is something that can be engaged in by an audience.

We recently lost Nostradamus. Are he and Catherine going to meet again?
    I don’t know the answer to that question. I hope so. I’m sure he has every reason to be wary of his friendship with me! But I loved the dynamic of Catherine and Nostradamus.

Obviously, the costumes on Reign are gorgeous. Do you have a favorite among the ones you’ve worn so far?
    There’s one coming up that I just loved, coming up in the next episode, with these beautiful red flowers embroidered on black. Although I have to say I thought I looked pretty damn sharp in that first episode, standing on the balcony with Mary in gold and black. I always get the cloaks and the capes, and it was very sharp and the shoulders were very striking. I do feel very spoiled with my clothes.

Do you ever get to loan them out? Take a cape for the weekend?
    No, they haven’t let us do that yet.

[x]

[QUOTE]TVLINE | Catherine and Mary’s dynamic has taken a serious turn this season. How would you describe their relationship now, and where is it headed?
    As soon as Francis becomes king, Mary becomes queen, which means Catherine’s suddenly in no-man’s land. She’s figuring out what her power base is now. In the first episode, we faced something greater than even our political challenges, which was the plague. So we sort of had to come together, even though we have very different ways of solving our problems.

TVLINE | I did like seeing Mary and Catherine on the thrones together, though. It worked for me.
    [Laughs] I know, I loved that! I thought that was great.

TVLINE | Last week, Catherine finally talked about my favorite character, Clarissa. Is there more to that story?
    I’m not sure, I honestly don’t know. But I think bringing up Clarissa was more about the ghosts in the closet, this idea of unresolved business. I haven’t seen her yet, but I found it very intriguing that we had a conversation about her.

TVLINE | Now that you’ve said the g-word, is there any chance Catherine will be haunted by Henry’s ghost, like Francis?
    I do know that Catherine is definitely haunted by her own ghosts, which were somewhat of a surprise to me. There’s a new family member coming back to the castle, Francis’ sister, my daughter, Claude. Along with her, a lot of history gets stirred up.

TVLINE | And how is Catherine’s relationship with Claude, compared to with Clarissa? Better?
    [Laughs] I hope it’s better! It’s completely different. With Clarissa, I had no idea she was still in the world and I was horrified by her; she was something I was trying to hide. Claude is quite rebellious, so I think there will be a much more recognizable parent-child relationship than with Clarissa and Catherine.

TVLINE | And where do things stand between Catherine and Nostradamus now? I miss their old dynamic.
    I loved their dynamic, too. Right now, I think he’s probably a little angry at her for not coming to his rescue. For now, I think he’s seeking asylum as far away from Catherine as possible. But I hope he can forgive her because I miss him already.

TVLINE | Were you surprised when he showed up clean-shaven for Season 2?
    Yes, I was! There’s a baby face under all that fur.

TVLINE | I feel like Catherine’s been without a lover for far too long. When is that going to change?
    I am not sure, and I’m not even being coy. You’ll see Narcisse and Catherine have some exchanges, because I think they’re far more similar in their character. They’re both pretty ruthless. But I’m not sure what’s happening there; I guess they’re saving her for someone very special.

TVLINE | Well, yeah, someone worthy of being with her.
    Exactly! It can’t just be anybody, and we know what happened to the last poor bugger who ended up in my chamber.
    [QUOTE]

[x]

9 replies since 2/10/2014, 09:16   108 views