REIGN S2: INTERVISTE. // REIGN S2: INTERVIEWS.

[ARTICOLO]

« Older   Newer »

1. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Megan sulla seconda stagione e Catherine. // Megan on season two and Catherine.

CITAZIONE
    HuffPost Canada TV: It's been a while since you were a series regular. What made you want to stay with this character for an extended period of time?

Megan Follows: I think she's a fantastic character. It's true. To be on something long-term and have an overriding arc is fantastic. I'm excited by her unpredictability. She's a strong, interesting woman. I love playing her.

People love period pieces such as "The Tudors" or "Dangerous Liaisons." What do you love about them?

What I love, and certainly in this, is once you get away from the spectacle of the costumes and the space and the place, you are really stripped of a lot of modern distractions and gadgetry that can be a huge part of shows, particularly if they are procedurals or medical dramas and cop dramas. All of them can be phenomenal and have excellent story arcs. What's interesting on "Reign" is you can hide somewhat behind a sword or lance, but all you really have are the politics. I would say the show is almost a medieval, political soap opera combining personal and political forces at that time.

There was no Michael Kors back then. How comfortable are the costumes?

We are obviously very flexible and playful with our depiction of that era. "Reign" really is a historical fantasy. I'm probably the closest to being the matriarch on the show. I have a lot of high collars. The weight of the clothes is beautiful. We just finished an episode where we did a lot of stuff outside, walking in woods and crawling around. It was quite something in all of those layers.

Costumes are so critical in terms of your interpretation of your part. They become an extension of the character. As I said, it's obviously not historically accurate and they (the producers) were never claiming that. There's a real playfulness and modernness to it, yet there's length and silhouettes.

In the season one finale, King Henry was killed. Were you surprised by that development and simultaneously how it would affect Catherine?

I wasn't surprised because historically he was killed. There are certain historic benchmarks that are honoured and some are playfully massaged. This one was critical in terms of a shift in power.

And yes, I know what his death meant historically, but I'm not sure what it will mean in the context of our show. For me, he was such a huge thorn in my side that I loved, that I kept putting back in. We had such a great dynamic. For the older viewership, it was sadly a very recognizable and fun relationship. It was a marital nightmare. The betrayals. The hurt. The mistresses.

In King Henry's absence, has Catherine lost some of her power?

Catherine always had an interesting power position. She always had a tremendous amount of power, but she didn't have the privilege of going through the front door. She had to be extraordinarily strategic. She's a survivalist, so her power has always been based on the men she is associated with. Really into Elizabeth I, in terms of her ownership of power, women were always at the mercy of being reflected through the male. Even if he's intellectually inferior, he's the one who has the power.

What's fun about our show is I'm this fiercely loyal mother and my son is everything to me, but he's everything to me because without him, my own position is extremely precarious. What's amazing about these dramas is how your personal and political agendas get mixed together.

There's no lost love between Catherine and Mary. Where do they stand?

For Catherine, what's the expression? "The devil you know is better than the one you don't." Or, "Keep your enemies closer." Having played out the first story arc already, Catherine is embracing Mary for now because she has to.

A lot of Catherine's animosity towards Mary stems from Nostradamus' (Rossif Sutherland) prediction surrounding Francis' death. What have you enjoyed about Catherine's interactions with him?

What I love about the Nostradamus/Catherine relationship is it's an adult friendship, a very complicated relationship, which is not ensnared by a romantic theme. It's an intellectual meeting of the minds, even when they disagree. Catherine has a brutal sense of right and wrong. Nostradamus is more open. He doesn't have to rule a country, so he doesn't have to make those hardline decisions. It gives her someone to reveal parts of herself to that she can't anywhere else.

Will his visions continue to drive Catherine's actions?

There's a turn that will happen. There are lines that get crossed that are hard to mend. Let's put it that way.

The season two premiere is called "The Plague." How does this epidemic put everyone to the test?

One of the things is it gives us an external force greater than our political machinations. There's something in nature that is a bigger threat to us, so we have to put our personal differences aside for a greater foe. That's part of what happens. Then in terms of leadership, who is prepared to make the choices necessary to keep that at bay?

Narcisse (Craig Parker) is a new face this season. How will he shake things up?

Narcisse is representing the power of the nobility, who have an extraordinary power with the wealthy and landholdings. His ability is to put pressure on his agenda, and not only the agenda of the Catholic Church, but the nobility associated with the Catholic Church and their interests. We're playing with those things.

Is there an attraction there with Catherine?

He's exploring relationships with other characters in the show.

What else can you hint about this season?

We just shot an episode which was very playful. I really appreciated that. It's featuring Catherine and Mary. They are outside the castle. Something happens that makes them fend for themselves in a way.

Besides "Reign," it's impossible not to talk about your starring role in "Anne of Green Gables." Why do you believe people connected with that mini-series?

It's the power of that character. Anne is an amazing character. She represents something really profound for people considering she is an orphaned, undervalued, displaced soul, who is told she is trash. And Anne's certainly the wrong gender to have value in the world. However, she turns around a community by absolutely remaining true to her spirit. There are so many pictures of the beauty of the island where it took place, which is a huge part of the story. That, in itself, would not speak to so many people globally. I can go anywhere in the world, whether it's in Africa, China, Cambodia and that story touched people. It gives a tremendous sense of value to the human spirit.

The other thing is she's not a character who was defined by her male counterparts. For young women, and women, that's critical. When I did it and I was young, I didn't realize how rare that was as a role. Because she's a young person, she's also not defined by her sexual value. She's admired for her intelligence.

Have you recently seen "Anne of Green Gables" and what memories did it elicit?

I have not seen it in a while. All I can say is the very first time I saw it, I remember the screening was at the Ontario Science Centre. Somewhere into it, I forgot that was me. We shot "Anne of Green Gables" very quickly. That was tough slogging when I reflect back on the hours in a day we shot. We had Richard Farnsworth for only six days in that first one. That's it. I would often shoot my close-ups a month later. I would be riding in a buggy with a grip stand and a hat with it. It was a testament to one's ability to stay focused as a young actor. I'm very, very proud at what we accomplished with it.

2. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Torrance sulla seconda stagione. // Torrance on season two.

CITAZIONE
    What can viewers expect for the new season?

This season very much deals with how Francis learns how to be king.

How is he like his father [the late King Henry]? How is he different than his father? How does life harden him?

Kings have to make very tough decisions so he comes in with a very strong moral compass. He says he is going to do things differently than his dad but then quickly realizes all the various push and pulls of running a kingdom.

What about Bash specifically?

Bash gets appointed Francis' deputy, doing all the dirty work that needs to be done, which has been fun. I get to ride around on the horse and play musketeer a little bit.

Now that Bash and Francis have a more official relationship in the royal court, how has their dynamic changed?

We've been playing around with that a little. Toby [Regbo] and I, we've had a fair bit to do. When your little brother is now actually your king, it's a changed relationship. Not only is Francis his king but Bash works for him and sometimes he has to tell him what he really thinks, and sometimes he treats him like a little brother, which could get Bash in trouble. It's been a fun dynamic to play with for sure. There may be hard feelings about what happened in the first season but they are working to bury that. Ultimately, Francis trusts Bash with his life.

It took Bash and Kenna a while to fall in love, and when they finally did, they find themselves pulled apart. What obstacles do they face with their marriage?

There is still a lot of love there. At the end of the day, you can't keep Bash out of the woods and he'll disappear for weeks at a time. Especially now, Francis will give him secret business to go to so Bash can't tell Kenna where he is going. Meanwhile, she still very much has a taste for the finer things in life and has tremendous ambitions for material possessions and wealth and status. As much as they love each other, there are some potential incompatibilities there. At the end of the day, there is still tremendous love and respect between them.

What's the likelihood that Bash and Kenna make it through the season?

They are giving it a good go. One of our new characters may potentially throw a wrench in it. Speaking in terms of TV land, marriages tend not to last — or at least happy marriages tend not to last — because that push, pull or that squeeze is where drama comes from. Let's say there is no plague and the kingdom is happy and it’s a happy marriage, then that’s a very different show and that’s not our show. I would expect there will be some strife there. I don’t know if
    they will make it or not.

Are there any particular scenes you've shot that you can tease?

This question comes at a good time as I did just shoot a scene. I can't say too much but I’ll say it’s a scene with Bash and Francis, and it’s a scene I’ve been waiting for to happen since episode one. I love it and I hope it has the impact it should.

Any way you can describe that moment between Francis and Bash?

I wouldn't dare! Sometimes when you’re doing a scene, you just feel it and there were so many moments [like that] in this scene that I got goosebumps while doing it. It's amazing what that can do for your performance so we’ll see maybe it comes out.

Is there a surprising relationship or interaction Bash has?

There is something that I think will surprise people very much. That's all I can say.

Are there any moments from the first few episodes you've shot that you're looking forward to seeing?

There was an episode last season where Henry shagged a woman out a window and Katherine spent the episode hiding the body and covering it up. There is a nice sense of humor to that. We shot an episode this season that is reminiscent of that humor.

[x]

3. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuove interviste al cast. // New cast-interviews on season two.

CITAZIONE
    In the Season 2 premiere, we'll meet Louis Conde (Sean Teale) and Lord Stefan Narcisse ("Spartacus" and "The Seeker" alum Craig Parker). "Narcisse obviously is introduced as a villain," Laurie said of Craig's character, who Access Hollywood can exclusively reveal this first photo of (above).

Narcisse, the EP said, is a "very powerful Catholic noble."

As for Conde, he doesn't appear to be a villain, but will be related to one of the conflicts coming in Season 2. "He's mentioned as a cousin of the King. … There were many cousins and he's a cousin many times removed, but his brother is a Protestant leader in a region called Navarre, so they're really gonna be kind of the face of the conflict that we're gonna be playing and they're both amazing actors," Laurie said of Sean and Craig.

Francis rode his horse out of the castle on the way to find Lola and his child-on-the-way in the Season 1 finale, but when he returns to court at some point in Season 2, he and Mary will struggle with their new role as the rulers of France (now that King Henry is dead). "They have an idealistic vision of how they want to rule and it's quite unrealistic. The way Henry and Catherine ruled was a mixture of sort of like bargaining and fear," Adelaide said. "I think fear was a large part because King Henry was so volatile and… was seen as a very masculine, strong leader and you wouldn't mess with him… because he'd split you down the middle in the throne room. But, Francis… he's approaching things very differently and it's gonna be seen as weakness, they're going to be seen as being weak because they're compassionate and whenever sovereignty sort of changes over… there's always was a mad scramble… to see who could gain from the instability while rule was changing over."

Francis actually killed his mad father at the end of Season 1 to try and stop some instability, and he won't be able to just brush the feelings that go along with patricide, aside. "Francis will go into [ruling] with the best of intentions…but, you know, he's carrying a secret from the previous season and that is that he murdered the previous King. And so that is gonna come back to haunt him," Laurie said. "It'll play a role just as we're realizing how kind of intense the violence grows between the Protestants and the Catholics."

The "Reign" EP said others will also have some troubles of their own with regards to hauntings. "We're seeing some ghosts this season and I think it's because people -- they were really superstitious," Laurie said. "It's a castle full of guilty people. Even people who aren't villains, I think, feel certain guilt for the way they live and... what they're given and how they're allowed to survive."

Bash's love of Mary put him into a precarious position with Francis in Season 1, but by the end of the show's initial run, and long after each man said "I do" to their brides, they were able to bond again. Their closeness will pave the way for Bash to get some new powers. "He's very closely aligned with his brother and he will eventually become the King's deputy. He'll become kind of the strongman for the King, which is a great position if the King is doing really well, but if the King is making mistakes and then you are going out and kind of… being the muscle for those mistakes, it can be very dangerous," Laurie said.

One of the romances that delighted fans in Season 1 was the one between former kitchen boy-turned-soldier Leith and Mary's lady in waiting, Greer. She's now engaged to Lord Castleroy, but that big twist at the end of Season 1, where Leith met the Lord's pretty redheaded daughter, throws a wrench in the works. "Having him around disturbs her greatly," Adelaide said of how Greer will feel.

Another thing to look forward to this season is a wedding. Laurie confirmed someone will walk down the aisle, but she stopped short of revealing who.

And, as we head into Season 2, the question of Queen Elizabeth still looms. "I don't know," Laurie said when asked if we'll meet King Henry VIII's daughter this season. But, from afar, Queen Elizabeth I, "will loom large."

[x]

CITAZIONE
    The episode opens just as the Season 1 finale ended, with Francis galloping away into the disease-ridden countryside to see Lola giving birth. "The thing that's going through his head is 'I am a dad, I am a dad, I am a dad,' so it's set him reeling a little bit, as it would," star Toby Regbo tells Zap2it. "Most people find out they're having a baby sometime before the baby is born. To find out you're having a baby and the baby is being born right now is kind of a headf***."

He continues, "He's thinking about whether the baby's going to survive, whether Lola is going to survive. He's riding out into plague-ridden France where the country is being ravaged by the disease."

When Francis and Lola reunite, he will have a bone to pick -- but that won't be the first topic to arise. "There isn't much time to be angry because there are practical issues -- like staying alive -- that are more important," Regbo says. "It's interesting how quickly that anger and hurt and confusion is quieted by the peaceful presence of a child. When he actually meets his [gender spoiler!], it's a big moment in his life where everything else becomes sort of irrelevant."

But despite the lack of time for decision-making, there will be some more logistics to sort out -- namely, where Lola and the baby will live.

"Lola doesn't feel that great about the court," Regbo says. "Her experience in Season 1 with it wasn't wholly positive, and she knows from experience seeing what happens with mistresses, how Henry was with Diane De Poitiers before her, that it isn't always the best position to be in in the castle."

Essentially, things are going to be weird. "It is going to be awkward because we both want to care for this baby and bring it up right."

[x]

CITAZIONE
    Real Style: Tell us about Season 2 of Reign.

Jonathan Keltz: It is definitely a darker season. The season picks up right off where we left off and the plague has come to France and is leaving no prisoners. It is definitely a chaotic and turbulent time and that’s where we begin and then things spiral out of control. Nobody is safe. It is an enemy that unites us all. It is a common enemy, but we still find ways to poke and prod at each other as well. [For Season 2] I’m more tied down to the show and there’s more of the character versus less, so it’s a good thing.

Real Style: How does Leith change this season?

Jonathan: I can’t get into too much detail, but the season ended with me gaining land and money and the beginnings of some wealth. I’m maintaining my friendship to the new King of France. This new relationship that’s budding with Yvette Castleroy, we’ll see what happens there. I’m still unaware that’s she the daughter of the man who’s the fiancee of the one I was formerly in love with. It’s a bit of a tricky moment and this new relationship will be put to the test. The old relationships and whether or not that’s true love will be put to the test as well.

Real Style: Greer could possibly be in your future?

Jonathan: Greer could possibly be in my future. How far Yvette Castleroy and I get could change things as well in terms of who gets married, when they get married, who gets married to whom.

Real Style: What was it like kissing Celina Sinden [who plays Greer]?

Jonathan: Ha! There’s never anything wrong with working with a wonderful actor or actress. Yeah, it was lovely getting to do all the romance stuff. We had some really lovely scenes. We were actually just talking about it last night. One of our favourite scenes that we’ve ever shot was the first date scene that we had. It was a really sweet and lovely candlelit date and it was the first day I was shooting on the show and it was a lot of fun. There was just something really charming about the way it all went by. We’re both in relationships and thankfully both of the people we’re in relationships with are actors so they understand and they have to do scenes like that as well.

Real Style: What’s your favourite part of working on Reign?

Jonathan: We have a really fun cast and a really great relationship between us all. Getting to escape into that world is the most fun. I love just hanging out at the studio. We have these unbelievable castle sets that the detailing is amazing. The crew and the art department and the wardrobe department; everyone in makeup and hair has all done a fantastic job. You’re walking down the halls and you look up and there’s all this detailed painting in the ceilings. In the days when we’re out of the studio I get to ride a horse through the woods and charge around on missions.

[x]

CITAZIONE
    The Black Plague

LAURIE: The threat of this season is “what lies beyond the castle” and the power structure of France at that time is where the power really lies with the nobles. We just wanted to set up the complications on the road and the compromises that needed to be made. So I really wanted to do the plague as something more than “who is going to die and who is going to live.” I wanted it to be a launching pad for the framework for the environment that they would be living in. There really is something to be said for people in power having lots of privileges and they also have the privilege of survival. I thought about it and for the most part it would be lower classes were thrown together and since it is an episode about contagion, those were the people that felt like they actually would die.

ADELAIDE: Apparently, back in the day when the plague did come around — disease came around with alarming regularity — the whole court would pack up and move castles and wait it out. Thousands of nobles would pack up and move.

LAURIE: And when you go visit castles now days, there’s no furniture in them, because they would take the furniture with them.

Politics & Religious Tension

LAURIE: The political side of that as well — we are slowing down the timeline and we’re focusing much more on France, specifically the region around the castle as a mini-ecosystem.

ADELAIDE: We’re focusing more on the religious tension at the time as well. The Catholics versus the Protestants. It’s kind of like watching the escalating violence during the time between the two factions.

LAURIE: It is a season of a young king finding his way and a young queen finding her way.

Mary & Francis’ Idealistic View of Ruling France

ADELAIDE: They have an idealistic vision of how they want to rule and it is quite unrealistic. The way Henry and Catherine ruled was a mixture of bargaining and fear.

LAURIE: Oppression.

ADELAIDE: I think fear was a large part because King Henry was so volatile and was seen as a very masculine, strong leader and you wouldn’t mess with him. You wouldn’t because he’d split you down the middle in the throne room. But Francis, he’s approaching things very differently and it is going be seen as weakness. They are going to be seen as being weak because they are compassionate. Whenever sovereignty changes over, there is always was a mad scramble to see who could gain from the instability while rule was changing over: How this new king will rule and how this new queen will rule? How can they be manipulated? How can I get power of them? Is there anything I have on them that I can use to improve my situation to gain more power, money or land for myself? It is just this giant, convoluted chess game. It’s like every time the king switched over, the board was cleared and everyone had to start from scratch. There is a lot of maneuvering, which we are exploring this season.

LAURIE: They are young rulers and people sense vulnerability. Francis will go into it with the best of intentions, but he’s carrying a secret from the previous season and that is that he murdered the previous king. So that is gonna come back to haunt him. It will play a role just as we are realizing how kind of intense the violence grows between the Protestants and the Catholics. They have inherited a nation that turns out is on fire.

[x]

4. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuove interviste a Toby. // New interviews.

CITAZIONE
    "I’m on my way to meet my baby that’s just been given birth to by my wife’s best friend, so it’s a rather convoluted and complex relationship that I’ve been thrown into at the last minute,” Regbo admits. “Coupled with that, there’s the plague that’s ravaging the land, so it’s pretty messy.”
    Read on for more of Regbo’s thoughts on Season 2, including Bash’s new role, Mary’s biggest threat and a new — potentially questionable — arrival at French Court.

TVLINE | Will Francis be a hands-on dad? I’m trying to picture him changing diapers and it’s not working.
    At first, he sort of just can’t understand why it’s crying and he doesn’t know what to do with it. There are nannies to handle that sort of thing. … But when he first comes into contact with the child, he immediately has a bond with it. Natural instincts take over.

TVLINE | Catherine seems worried that Lola could disrupt Francis’ marriage. Does he really still have feelings for her?
    In the first episode, he does say, “I know you, Lola. We shared more than a bed in Paris.” So there is still a connection of sorts there.

TVLINE | Have you worked with a baby before?
    [Laughs] No, never! On day one, they just bring you this baby — the mother of the child just hands it over to you — and I’d never even held one before. They change them a lot, though. It’s a pretty good environment to bring your child to; they’re very well looked after, and there are doctors around in case anything baby-ish happens to them. One of the babies we had in one of the scenes was less than 13 days old, which is insanely young to be around a camera crew. It looked like a tiny, old, red man. It wasn’t ready to be out in the world yet.

TVLINE | That baby’s mother must have had to sign a contract before it was even born!
    I think they do that! [The producers] track the pregnancy towards the end and say, “We’ll be wanting a baby soon, so hurry up and get it out of you. Get rolling!”

TVLINE | Those interactions probably come off looking pretty authentic, though, since Francis is also totally new to the baby world.
    Yeah, it’s really amazing. They want to use the actual babies as little as possible, because you have a very limited amount of time to shoot with them before they need a break. So anytime the baby is out of the shot, we use a doll, and it’s so strange how much of a difference it makes having an actual child there. So much of acting is reacting, having real moments between two people or whatever. But when you have a baby thrown into the mix, which is totally unpredictable because it doesn’t know where it is or what’s going on, it’s like a little bundle of joy. There’s a shot of me looking down at the child in the first episode and they asked me, “Do you mind if we used the doll?” and I was like, “Actually, yes, I do mind. I want this to be a moment where I’m not looking at a Satanic baby doll!”

TVLINE | Speaking of baby dolls, how’s Francis’ relationship with Bash in Season 2?
    Well, now that I’m the king, I’m surrounded by people who want to stab me in the back, blackmail me, abuse me and all that. I thought that when I became king, I could just roam around the land kicking peasants’ heads off, but apparently I’m not allowed to do that. It’s not an all-powerful position; there are people with more money, resources and brains that I need. Having someone like Bash around, who I can trust, is great. I make him my right-hand man, someone who I can trust not to go behind my back — except for that one time he did that one thing behind my back, but he was trying to protect me.

TVLINE | Francis also makes a new friend in Season 2 — Conde, I believe. What’s he all about?
    He’s my cousin, funnily enough. His first line is that we are very far removed, and Sean — the actor who plays him — is Venezuelan. So there’s a very tenuous link. In real life, I’ve known Sean for 11 years; we went to school together. It’s strange that this person I knew in school has popped up in this totally separate bit of my life. We meet him in Episode 1 when he protects me and Lola from the plague, and we take him back to the castle. I tell him, “You can rest here for a night,” and he ends up staying for ages. He turns out to be a loyal and useful asset, though there is a tenuous power thing going on; he has links with Protestantism, and I’m the king of a Catholic country. As the season progresses, I think that will become a problem between them.

TVLINE | Lastly, I know Francis doesn’t want to be anything like his father. How can he hope to make that happen?
    That’s a big thing for him in Season 2. When he brings the child back to Mary, he doesn’t know what role it’ll take at Court, but he wants to be a part of his son’s life. He uses Bash as an example; Henry didn’t give him a title or standing and that really hurt him. Francis doesn’t want that to be the case for his son. And on a personal level, just not going insane [like Henry] — trying to keep his feet on the ground without going completely mental.

[x]

CITAZIONE
    EW: It’s a big year for Francis. He’s now a king and a father. Is his biggest struggle this year going to be balancing those two roles?

TOBY REGBO: Yeah, I think that’s pretty bang-on. I think the balancing act would be less of a problem if the child were his wife’s as well. Seeing as it’s an illegitimate child, that can cause complications, but I think he’s trying to have integrity in both worlds, in his home life and in his ruling life. He doesn’t want to be like his father with his child. The way that Henry was with Bash and Francis wasn’t always the best parenting. He tried to kill us both on separate occasions, tried to sleep with both of our wives, did sleep with one successfully—so, you know, not a great role model. I’m trying to not be like that and I’m also trying to be a caring ruler, but it’s proving to be very difficult right off the bat. There are people and forces around me that are actually sort of stronger than the king in the sense that money is power. There are people with a lot of money and resources that I need to appease and they don’t always have my best interests at heart.

Do Francis and Mary see eye-to-eye in terms of how they want to rule?

Yeah, I suppose they do. I don’t want to give too much away, but Francis is going to have to start answering to somebody else at some point, and a conflict of interest occurs.

Speaking of Mary, Francis is also a husband. Are he and Mary fully wrapped up in baby business of their own?

Yeah, well she’s desperately trying to conceive a legitimate child to secure her rule, so we’re going at it 24/7. That’s something that happens.

I think Adelaide said Mary was shagging everyone in the castle.

What?!

What’s your take on that situation? Adelaide thinks there will be a pregnancy. Do you agree with that?

Yeah, I think there probably will be, otherwise there’s just going to be a lot of impotent sex throughout the show. I’m sure at some point there will be a baby of some sorts, but I genuinely don’t know.

We also have to talk about Francis and Bash, who shared that great hug in the season finale. When we see them together again, are they on good terms?

Yeah, they sort of have a clean slate. Francis needs someone around him that he can trust what with all the back-stabbing and two-timing and crooked behavior that goes on in politics, and having someone around who’s a brother who he can trust is going to count for a lot, someone he can entrust his secrets with and do his dirty business. I was going to say laundry, but he’s not my launderer. He’s my right-hand man.

Francis also has a sister coming into town. He knows she exists, right?

Yeah, they actually got on really well when they were younger. She went off to another country to do some stuff, and she’s coming back and Francis and her actually have a really good rapport. They sort of have a more typical brother-and-sister relationship, a sort of modern idea of a brother-sister relationship. They get on. He’s glad to have her back, actually.

Francis also gets to have some interaction with the new characters.

Yeah, there’s a couple of new rugged hunky guys coming to make trouble at the castle. One is Condé, who is my cousin although he does mention that he’s my far removed cousin. Sean Teale, who plays Condé, is Venezuelan, so he’s like a distant cousin. [Laughs]

A very, very distant cousin.

Yeah. Although I guess we all come from the same amoeba originally. Me and Sean went to school actually together. We’ve known each other for like 11 years.

Oh cool!

Yeah, so that was nice. He’s playing my cousin who becomes part of the gang of guys that I can trust along with Bash and Leith. They’re sort of going out and doing my bidding or whatever. Although there will be a tiff I’m sure at some point because Condé has ties with Protestantism and I’m a Catholic king of a Catholic country so that will be at some point I suppose an issue. And then the other is Narcisse, who you can tell by the way that he talks that he might be up to no good. He’s played by Craig Parker, who is doing an excellent job. He’s a really good actor.

I think [executive producer] Laurie McCarthy kind of teased that Narcisse is looking for something to hold over Francis’ head and might find it.

Yeah, I mean Francis is sort of housing some skeletons in his closet, and that can only last so long, I suppose. Laurie always talks about the second season in terms of hauntings. For Francis, he’s haunted by what he did. Even though he did it with the best intentions, he did stab his father in the eye and watch him die, so that’s never easy—and that secret is weighing him down and affecting his life both personal and political, so that will become an issue.

[x]

5. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuova intervista. // New interview.

6. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuova intervista. // New interview.

7. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuove interviste a Megan. // Megan's new interviews.

CITAZIONE
    Last season you were the Big Bad, but fans really embraced the character of Catherine. Why do you think fans are so sympathetic to this serial killer villain figure?:
    (Laughs) You’re being a little harsh. Well, I think because she’s fiercely loyal to her position, for one thing, but her children, to Francis. And she’s not someone who’s evil because she’s bored, for the sake of doing something. She’s deeply rooted in her convictions—even if they’re off-base, or even if you don’t agree with them. And I think that’s what makes her an interesting character... and far more dangerous. She’s also fun. I’m lucky because the way they write here, there’s a playfulness, and that’s engaging.

Totally! Last season there was a jaw-dropping scene where Catherine faked a hanging. What was that like? How did that go?
    You had to have trust in the people who were holding the rope for you. I was, as always, impressed with Catherine’s wiles because she found a way to get out of her predicament, so it was a blast. The stunt coordinator had the whole thing rigged up... you knew you needed to be very nice or they could just let it slip! (laughs) No, they’d never do that.

When you first landed the role of Catherine de’ Medici, did you try to research her history or did you want to approach her as your own character?
    Well I definitely did some research on her, I read some biographies, and she is an extraordinary and fascinating woman in a challenging political time, in a time of deep unrest, so there was that. And then there was obviously the style of the show we were doing, and the marrying of those two worlds and ultimately honoring our show, and the creators, and what they wanted this piece to be.

Last episode we saw King Henry come back as a ghost, and Reign has been playing with the supernatural and bringing it in around the edges of the show. Have you ever had a real-life experience with a ghost?
    (Laughs) No. I can’t say that I have. But I’ve certainly... I think in the house that I grew up in, everyone else seemed to have an experience with seeing ghosts. Maybe they were cutting me some slack!

Wait, did you grow up in a haunted house?
    The house that I grew up in had been, at one point, they had used it as a nursing home. So I think perhaps there were a few spirits floating around.

Any chance King Henry might return in a ghostly fashion?
    That’s a very interesting question. I know very little in advance, but I found it fascinating with Francis being haunted... [King Henry is] certainly an imposing figure. And there’s a lot of unresolved issues, whether he’s your husband or your father, to be haunted by.

You’ve done a lot of theater work (like, uh Chekov!). Do you bring theatrical training to Catherine, or is television work just completely different?
    There’s a huge difference in the process between the two crafts. Stagecraft is a very different process, you have more time to spend on scenes and it’s an accumulative and potentially safer environment in the rehearsal process, but then you’re completely exposed. Television is very different, but ultimately a good character is a good character. Though the techniques are very different, you still want something authentic. The end result is something that can be engaged in by an audience.

We recently lost Nostradamus. Are he and Catherine going to meet again?
    I don’t know the answer to that question. I hope so. I’m sure he has every reason to be wary of his friendship with me! But I loved the dynamic of Catherine and Nostradamus.

Obviously, the costumes on Reign are gorgeous. Do you have a favorite among the ones you’ve worn so far?
    There’s one coming up that I just loved, coming up in the next episode, with these beautiful red flowers embroidered on black. Although I have to say I thought I looked pretty damn sharp in that first episode, standing on the balcony with Mary in gold and black. I always get the cloaks and the capes, and it was very sharp and the shoulders were very striking. I do feel very spoiled with my clothes.

Do you ever get to loan them out? Take a cape for the weekend?
    No, they haven’t let us do that yet.

[x]

[QUOTE]TVLINE | Catherine and Mary’s dynamic has taken a serious turn this season. How would you describe their relationship now, and where is it headed?
    As soon as Francis becomes king, Mary becomes queen, which means Catherine’s suddenly in no-man’s land. She’s figuring out what her power base is now. In the first episode, we faced something greater than even our political challenges, which was the plague. So we sort of had to come together, even though we have very different ways of solving our problems.

TVLINE | I did like seeing Mary and Catherine on the thrones together, though. It worked for me.
    [Laughs] I know, I loved that! I thought that was great.

TVLINE | Last week, Catherine finally talked about my favorite character, Clarissa. Is there more to that story?
    I’m not sure, I honestly don’t know. But I think bringing up Clarissa was more about the ghosts in the closet, this idea of unresolved business. I haven’t seen her yet, but I found it very intriguing that we had a conversation about her.

TVLINE | Now that you’ve said the g-word, is there any chance Catherine will be haunted by Henry’s ghost, like Francis?
    I do know that Catherine is definitely haunted by her own ghosts, which were somewhat of a surprise to me. There’s a new family member coming back to the castle, Francis’ sister, my daughter, Claude. Along with her, a lot of history gets stirred up.

TVLINE | And how is Catherine’s relationship with Claude, compared to with Clarissa? Better?
    [Laughs] I hope it’s better! It’s completely different. With Clarissa, I had no idea she was still in the world and I was horrified by her; she was something I was trying to hide. Claude is quite rebellious, so I think there will be a much more recognizable parent-child relationship than with Clarissa and Catherine.

TVLINE | And where do things stand between Catherine and Nostradamus now? I miss their old dynamic.
    I loved their dynamic, too. Right now, I think he’s probably a little angry at her for not coming to his rescue. For now, I think he’s seeking asylum as far away from Catherine as possible. But I hope he can forgive her because I miss him already.

TVLINE | Were you surprised when he showed up clean-shaven for Season 2?
    Yes, I was! There’s a baby face under all that fur.

TVLINE | I feel like Catherine’s been without a lover for far too long. When is that going to change?
    I am not sure, and I’m not even being coy. You’ll see Narcisse and Catherine have some exchanges, because I think they’re far more similar in their character. They’re both pretty ruthless. But I’m not sure what’s happening there; I guess they’re saving her for someone very special.

TVLINE | Well, yeah, someone worthy of being with her.
    Exactly! It can’t just be anybody, and we know what happened to the last poor bugger who ended up in my chamber.
    [QUOTE]

[x]

8. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Torrance per BELLO Magazine: intervista e photoshoot e outtakes. // Torrance for BELLO Magazine: interview and photoshoot and outtakes.

CITAZIONE
    “When it hasn’t aired yet, that’s what it’s like. You just don’t know if people are going to care. I’ve done that. You work really hard on something and once you present it to the world there’s a collective “meh”, explains the Canadian actor. “To have the show come out and get the following that it did, and then an early renewal for a second season was a huge vote of confidence. Now we’re making something we know people dig. There’s confidence in that. Also going into the gig the first time I was just like, ‘Please don’t recast me.’”24-episodes later and there’s no other actor fans of the series could see play Bash, the outsider with a heart of gold and a protection streak. Instead fans are rooting for Bash in the battle for Mary’s heart.

The series has been praised for its portrayal of female relationships, particularly Adelaide Kane’s Mary and her close-knit group of ladies-in-waiting. Mary and her friends lift each other up and respect each other without judgment of what any of them has been up to around the corners and halls of the royal court. In an interview earlier this year Kane sat down with BELLO and spoke of welcoming the responsibility of playing Mary and her newfound duty as a role model for girls. Coombs on the other hand has no such thoughts, as his character, from his name to his hair, is purely fictional. “I thought to myself, “What does it mean to be a bastard?” And, in this context, heavily involved in the royal family, but without that responsibility. I really just try and make it as personal as I can. I’m not beholden to any kind of historical standard; I just get to make him me.” If there’s anything Coomb’s character became known for besides his brooding selflessness, it was his eyes – those enchanting emerald green eyes – both of which will be back next season.

With the forth-coming second season, Coombs offered his own predictions for season two and among those was the topic of The Plague, a disease that claimed many lives during its run. And not to be forgotten. Kenna and Bash have been left with a child. “Bash has also killed both his father and his mentor, so I wonder what he thinks of all that,” he jokes. “And of course, Francis is now the new King, so I’m guessing my character will be there to help him out. I think we’ve restored the brotherly love between them in the show so my hope is that he’ll be protecting him now that he’s in this new position.” One thing fans of the series can be sure of is that Coomb’s accent will be back, even better than before. Having watched ample episodes of his show, I congratulated him for having fooled me into thinking he was actually English. To which he replied, “I was kind of an accent geek in theater school.”

vyJSmRxs KhGpdlJs 60eEFjMs hGq61xgs

5mq2TKWs 3aF6zOWs Ohxd09ys

[x]

9. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Torrance e Toby intervistati da M3. // Torrance and Toby's interviews by M3.

10. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

L'intervista integrale a Torrance e Toby per M3 e intervista a Jonathan Keltz. // Torrance and Toby's full interview for M3 and Jonathan Keltz's interview.

CITAZIONE
    AccessHollywood.com: The rise of Leith in society -- do you think he's still motivated by Greer or is it also for him, because he seems to be enjoying people taking him seriously and respecting him?
    Jonathan Keltz: Absolutely, and that's something that we sort of talked about and have wanted to explore. … It's motivation not just about her and not just about me, but I think that there is a duty that I definitely feel towards Francis and I think that that's become a huge part of everything that I am. I don't necessarily [feel] indebted to him because of what he's given me, but more just the experience of us being at war together and being in those trenches and exchanging saving each other's lives. … It's brought me to a level of respect and a level where I want to honor who he is and what he's doing for the country as a whole, so I think that there's a huge amount of patriotism and then there's just exhaustion at the state of my love affairs.

Access: Well, you're throwing yourself into your work, so that's good.
    Jonathan: (Laughs) Yes.

Access: And this week, in fact, it looks like there's a little investigation going on, with Bash and Leith, regarding a Protestant religious ceremony attack. What do you want to hint at about that?
    Jonathan: So this episode is a huge catalyst for the rest of the season. At this time in France, this was when Protestants were starting to really identify themselves and it was becoming its own religion and there was the knowledge of it becoming public and there was, you know -- what does this mean for Rome and the Vatican? What does this mean for Catholic rulers like Francis II and all of that? And so we've really made it a huge crux of the season in terms of how it affects the state of the country, how it affects Francis' rule, what it means in terms of the nobles, in terms of the commoners, what side people are gonna fall on and whether or not there's going to be peace, whether or not there's going to be violence and what happened. This episode will start off with sort of a violent attack of a secretive Protestant service, something that's clearly quite innocent and then… things sort of spiral out of control from there and the question of whether or not these are some people acting out of their own accord, or whether or not there was somebody who was motivating the attack or what sort of set the events in motion is what Francis has me and Bash investigate. … So now I'm working with the King's deputy and yeah, we get to ride around in the woods and solve crimes.

Access: You guys find out a secret about Lord Castleroy. Is that going to make me think differently of him, this secret, because I actually don't mind him.
    Jonathan: Yeah, and that's what I think has been really interesting. It's all due to Michael Therriault, who plays Lord Castleroy. I mean that was supposed to be sort of like a comical arc that fizzled out last season, but because of who he is as an actor, and the fans and everything that he's garnered because of his work, he is a legitimate candidate for Greer's heart and rightfully so. As we saw in the last episode, she is constantly feeling like she is being pulled towards security or towards love and then, when we all think she's going to make this decision for passion and come see me, she decides to say, no, there should be passion with this man whose my fiance, who I am engaged to, and so I think that she's making an honest effort to make this work, and I think that secret we find out about him -- it is more gonna be about how it threatens their relationship and anything that you're gonna think differently about him for. He hasn't been murdering his previous wives or anything like that, it's just about what it would mean for the rest of their lives together, and this is a man who had lost his wife some years before and then has been recently broken by the loss of his daughter, so I think it's about how he's finding himself in this new relationship, in this new time, and in this moment after such a grievous loss.

Access: Is that going to open up the door then for Greer and Leith, at this time?
    Jonathan: You're asking me, and I'm Leith, so I'd say the door is always open, but I don't know if that's the case (laughs). I think that there is a bit of a bullheadedness that Leith feels, that he's definitely a man of action and a man of obviously being beaten down by the time that he lives in, but believing in something more and that there are things that do transcend the structures of the time. And I think he feels validated because of the relationship that he has with Francis, that yes, you were the Kitchen Boy and all of these things have happened for a reason, to sort of put him in the place that he is. Obviously, unforeseen events, like Francis having to take back the lands and give them to Narcisse changed things, but now I'm back at the castle and being back at the castle means that the universe has yet again put me in the same place as Greer and I think that… there is a scheduled wedding in that episode, but what happens at that wedding we'll have to see.<i>

Access: I have to ask you what it's like with you and Torrance. You both seem like very fun guys and when you have to pair up with each other, does it make it hard to get through the material? I know you're professionals, but at the same time, you're both fun.
    Jonathan: <i>Torrance is absolutely hilarious and we do have a lot of fun together and it's cool. This episode is very much urgent, like dire stuff happening. We have to be on point, and we are very close friends and we do have a lot of fun together so we're sort of trying to find moments to add some sort of levity… but it's hard to sort of maintain the seriousness of life and death and have that as well. ... We do have a lot of fun, but yeah, I think there will be more of all that to come as well. I will say, this next stretch of episodes is a bit unrelenting. It is fast, it is dark and it is strong.

[x]

9 replies since 2/10/2014, 09:16   108 views