Le héros des Borgia (Canal+), c'est Mark Ryder !

[ARTICOLO]

« Older   Newer »

1. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuova intervista a Mark. // Mark Ryder's interview.

CITAZIONE
    In the two previous seasons, we followed Cesare Borgia from 16 to 19 years old. How has he evolved in this third season?
    MR: The big change, it's that we follow him for thirteen years, from his 19 years old to his 31. He will become an important character of the Renaissance, hanging out with Leonardo da Vinci and Machiavelli. At the same time, he has to learn how to take men to war. To make him more manly, more imposing, i used a graver voice, slowed his movements and carried my head straighter.

This season 3 starts with the attack on Forlì. Cesare Borgia looks very confident already...
    He stays determined to unify Italy, meaning to subdue the rebelling cities of the Papal States. Caterina Sforza's capture it's warning he sents them: "either bow to the Borgias or die."

In a scene, three soldiers ask themselves the questions: "Is he a genius, a fool or a madman?" What do you think?
    A bit of the three I think. There is no doubt that Cesare was a genius, his innovative ideas on religion, his will of reunification show that. But he has made some bad decisions as well and he ad an unpredictable side.

How did you learn about this historical character?
    I've read the Prince, by Machiavelli, and The Artist, The Philosopher and The Warrior, by Paul Strathern, which narrates of the crossing destinies of Machiavelli, da Vinci and Cesare Borgia. I found out he slept during the day and acted at night. That helped me to see his complex personality and to understand the man he was.

You had a number of sex scenes in Borgia. Were they difficult to shoot?
    Shooting naked in front of strangers has been a real challenge. Like at the start of the first episode, in the orgy scene. I hope it's not ridiculous... at the same time, acting in historical costumes, with tigh and furred cloak in Rome at 40° C, that has been a challenge as well!

Just like the battle scenes?
    They are very technical, like a choreography. But very stimulating. When you have whole army behind you, you remember when you were 10 and you played knight in your courtyard with a wooden sword...

Was it your first historical series?
    Yes, when Tom Fontana, the writer, chose me for the role of Cesare Borgia, I was a perfect nobody. He took an enormous risk and I will always be grateful to him for that. It was a dream role.

What if Tom Fontana calls you again?
    I'll sign with my eyes closed! In the meantime, I will start back my college carreer, in Lodon, for my sixt and last year of psychology.

[x]

0 replies since 16/9/2014, 11:27   181 views