Wolf Hall

[MINI-SERIE ???, ???]

« Older   Newer »

1. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Adattamento televisivo, in sei puntate, per il premiato romanzo storico Wolf Hall, più seguito, di Hilary Mantel. // Hilary Mantel's historical novels will be adapted soon into a series for BBC Two.

CITAZIONE
    Hilary Mantel's historical novels are being adapted for the small screen by writer Peter Straughan.

Mark Rylance is set to play Thomas Cromwell in the TV adaptation of Hilary Mantel's award-winning novels Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies. Mantel, who has been in the news recently for her views on the duchess of Cambridge and her role in British society, won the prestigious Booker prize for her historical novels.

The books follow Cromwell, Henry VIII's adviser, and his rise and fall in the Tudor court. Rylance is regarded as one of the U.K.'s finest actors and directors and currently is rehearsing a new play, Nice Fish, at the Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis.

Mantel made history as being the first woman to win the Booker literary nod twice when Bring Up the Bodies triumphed in 2012 after her 2009 success with Wolf Hall. Scribe Peter Straughan is adapting the books for a six-part series on BBC Two in partnership with HBO.

A stage adaptation by the Royal Shakespeare Company of Mantel's work also is under way and is expected to premiere at the Swan Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon in December. Mantel is writing the third installment in her Cromwell trilogy, to be titled Mirror and the Light.

[x]

CITAZIONE
    I romanzi storici di Hilary Mantel vengono adattati per il piccolo schermo da Peter Straughan.

Mark Rylance è stato ingaggiato per interpretare Thomas Cromwell nell'adattamento televisivo dei premiatati romanzi di Hilary Mantel Wolf Hall e Bring Up the Bodies. La Mantel, che è stata di recente protagonista della cronaca per le sue opinioni sulla duchessa di Cambridge e per il ruolo svolto nella società britannica, ha vinto il prestigioso Booker Prize per i suddetti romanzi storici.

I libri seguono Cromwell, consigliere di Henry VIII, e la sua ascesa e, poi, caduta alla corte dei Tudor. Rylance è attualmente considerato uno dei migliori attori e registi del Regno Unito ed al momento è impegnato con un nuovo spettacolo, Nice Fish, al Guthrie Theatre di Minneapolis.

Mantel è stata la prima donna a vincere il prestigioso premio per due volte, nel 2012 con Bring Up the Bodies dopo il suo successo nel 2009 con Wolf Hall. Peter Straughan sta adattando i libri per una serie in sei parti che andrà in onda sulla BBC Two, in collaborazione con la HBO.

È in corso un adattamento teatrale per il Royal Shakespeare Company. La Mantel sta scrivendo il nuovo libro della triologia di Cromwell che sarà intitolato Mirror and the Light.

2. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

HBO and BBC2 - yeh....I see it goes well.
    I've read those...and Mantel is though has a style also has this PG's way of portraying history as in if the rumors were it happened than for sure it did happen.

3. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

News sulla serie e sul cast! // News on the series and on the cast.

CITAZIONE
    As we reported last Fall, Hilary Mantel’s Booker Prize-winning novels, Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies, are headed to BBC Two and PBS in 2015. Filming has begun on Wolf Hall, the small screen adaptation of Mantel’s historical Tudor novels which follow the atmospheric rise to power of Cromwell, the powerful minister, within Henry VIII’s court. The eventual chief minister to the King was born to a blacksmith in Putney and initially came to prominence when he served under Cardinal Wolsey before rising through the ranks to become Henry’s most trusted advisor.

In addition to Tony and Olivier award-winning actor, Mark Rylance, who will play Thomas Cromwell, recent additions include Homeland star Damian Lewis who will play the King, Saskia Reeves (Lewis, Page Eight, Wallander, Vera) has been cast as Cromwell’s sister-in-law Johane with Charity Wakefield (Any Human Heart, Agatha Christie’s Marple) starring as Mary Boleyn, the royal mistress and sister to Henry VIII’s second wife Anne, who will be played by Claire Foy (Little Dorrit, Upstairs Downstairs). Joanne Whalley (Jamaica Inn) will play Henry VIII’s first wife, Catherine of Aragon, with the powerful, but ill-fated, Cardinal Wolsey to be played by Jonathan Pryce, Sherlock co-creator/writer, Mark Gatiss, playing a civil servant and Game of Thrones’ Anton Lesser will play Thomas More.

Set for a 2015 premiere, Wolf Hall will be directed by BAFTA-winning director Peter Kosminsky (White Oleander, Warriors, No Child of Mine, The Promise) and written by Oscar-nominated screenwriter Peter Straughan (The Men Who Stare at Goats, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy).

[x]

4. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oh…ok then:) They need to announce Mary, if there is Catherine there should be Mary too.

5. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

They might have cast some newcomer they don't feel the need to mention LOL. Also, Joanne is beautiful and all, but I look more like Catherine than she does. XD

6. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Izzy would be perfect young Catherine, btw!

7. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Prime foto dal set della serie. // First setpictures with Damien Lewis.

nEyaIEds eIyl1pXs WmUQJxRs 6bYnh8Us

JBxOOsfs IKHbTSTs Nl5MtTes cItFkNWs

h6D1bKos

8. Myricae}
        +1   -1

User deleted

Voi li avete letti?

9. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yes, le mie impressioni (lol) sono qui.

10. Myricae}
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazie mille ;)

11. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuove foto dal set. // New set-pictures.

8vNmRXAs frp4WTNs M0YEJW9s bh88rF2s

G9pkSjys AjNOWdjs PF2LmOKs SyCRS5fs

bhRZLj4s hn04usus rORM6H5s WGkofo2s

12. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Un trailer collettivo e nuova clip esclusiva. // Collective trailer and exclusive clip.

13. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuovo articolo, trailer e foto dei personaggi. // New article, trailer and cast pics.

CITAZIONE
    A new trailer for the BBC adaptation of Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall has been released, showing Damian Lewis as a sinister Henry VIII.

The Homeland actor stars alongside Mark Rylance’s Thomas Cromwell in the upcoming six-part series, based on the Booker Prize-winning novel of the same name and sequel Bring Up The Bodies.

Directed by Peter Kosminsky with a screenplay by Peter Straughan, the story follows Cromwell’s rise from humble blacksmith’s son to the Tudor monarch’s closest advisor.

“Now is the time for you to become the king you should be,” Cromwell tells Henry in one scene.

“I keep you because you’re a serpent,” is his ominous reply. “Everything that you are, everything that you have, will come from me.”

Claire Foy plays the king’s doomed wife, Anne Boleyn, with footage of her beheading hinted at in the latest teaser.

Henry VIII’s first wife Catherine of Aragon will be played by Joanne Whalley, while Jonathan Pryce stars as Cardinal Thomas Wolsey.

Sherlock co-creator Mark Gatiss appears as Secretary Stephen Gardiner, Game of Thrones actor Thomas Brodie-Sangster plays Cromwell’s ward Rafe Sadler and Anton Lesser, Mathieu Amalric, Charity Wakefield, Jessica Raine, Bernard Hill, Richard Dillane, Natasha Little and Saskia Reeves complete the cast in more minor roles.

“I love it when an author, such as Hilary Mantel, does her research and discovers an original understanding of a very familiar piece of history,” Rylance said earlier this year.

“Even during our rehearsals her detailed imagination of the world of Thomas Cromwell is alive in Straughan’s ingenious and faithful adaptation.”

Wolf Hall stars on BBC Two on Wednesday 21 January at 9pm.

[x]

Q7ljEgAs jfcWU4ns faqhMGXs soaBvyDs

12 replies since 4/11/2013, 15:31   440 views