Madonna of the Seven Hills: A Novel of the Borgias

[LIBRO; Jean Plaidy]

« Older   Newer »

1. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

dCPXfmT

Info: L'autrice è Jean Plaidy, pseudonimo dietro cui si cela Eleanor Hibbert. Ha scritto più di duecento romanzi storici e venduto quattordici milioni di copie in tutto il mondo. Il volume è il primo di una duologia ancora inedita in Italia. // Jean Plaidy is the pen name of the prolific English author Eleanor Hibbert, also known as Victoria Holt. More than fourteen million copies of her books have been sold worldwide. Madonna of the Seven Hills: A Novel of the Borgias is the first book in her two-book series of the Borgias. The series' second novel is called Light on Lucrezia: A Novel of the Borgias.

Trama: Roma nel Quattrocento: la famiglia Borgia è al potere. Il padre di Lucrezia, Alessandro VI, fa entrare la figlia illegittima, Lucrezia, ed i suoi fratelli, Cesare, Giovanni e Goffredo, nel mondo splendente, ma dissoluto e pieno di intrighi, della corte romana. Dalle relazioni del Papa con ragazze adolescenti alla pericolosa gelosia di Cesare verso chiunque riesca a guadagnare l'affetto di Lucrezia, sino alla misteriosa nascita d'un figlio concepito in segreto, nessun Borgia è al sicuro dalla macchia dell'infamia. Pian piano Lucrezia accetta il proprio destino e deve far i conti con i delicati e complessi rapporti che la legano al padre ed ai fratelli: il legame indissolubile che condivide con loro la terrorizza ed insieme la riempie di orgoglio e desiderio e la sua innocenza comincia a svanire. Presto comprenderà come l'amore che prova per la famiglia impallidisce accanto alla loro ricerca del potere e che lei stessa non è altro che il più grande strumento per la scalata politica. // Fifteenth-century Rome: the Borgia family is on the rise. Lucrezia’s father, Pope Alexander VI, places his illegitimate daughter and her only brothers, Cesare, Giovanni, and Goffredo, in the jeweled splendor—and scandal—of his court. From the Pope’s affairs with adolescent girls to Cesare’s dangerous jealousy of anyone who inspires Lucrezia’s affections to the ominous birth of a child conceived in secret, no Borgia can elude infamy. Young Lucrezia gradually accepts her fate as she comes to terms with the delicate nature of her relationships with her father and brothers. The unbreakable bond she shares with them both exhilarates and terrifies her as her innocence begins to fade. Soon she will understand that her family’s love pales next to their quest for power and that she herself is the greatest tool in their political arsenal.

Compra qui. // Buy here.

Edited by Miss.ChatterBox - 22/6/2013, 21:09

2. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

This is probably the wrong thread to ask ( you can remove this question guys where you feel appropriate) - Madonna of the Seven Hills by Jean Plaidy at a very good price ( aprox 3 euros) in my local book store. Should I read it? It has good reviews on goodreads...but again so did The Family, and well, you know how that turned out.

Edited by Julia_Katina - 22/6/2013, 21:00

3. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (butterfly-fly @ 21/6/2013, 22:03) 
    Madonna of the Seven Hills by Jean Plaidy at a very good price ( aprox 3 euros) in my local book store. Should I read it? It has good reviews on goodreads...but again so did The Family, and well, you know how that turned out.

For that price I would try, in case, prior to purchase, reading quickly a few pages, to evaluate. But is it used or new? Even in the link in the first post, here, you can read some extracts.

Edited by Julia_Katina - 22/6/2013, 21:17

4. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

For that price I would try, in case, prior to purchase, reading quickly a few pages, to evaluate. But is it used or new? Even in the link in the first post, here, you can read some extracts

It's new. It actually has 3 books in the series. The book store is on sale now, I guess the subject is jut not so popular :D

5. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Well? Did you bought it in the end? :D

6.     +1   -1

©

Group

Status
    casper
    Stavo giusto cercando qualcosa di nuovo da leggere (:

7. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sinceramente non ho idea se questo sia un romanzo valido, mai provato. Perché non provi il validissimo - è un romanzo, non biografia ;D - libro di Sarah Dunant?

6 replies since 9/4/2013, 01:28   107 views