Elisabetta I

« Older   Newer »

1. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Una nuova mostra su Elisabetta Tudor, Elizabeth I and Her People, che esplora il notevole regno della, attraverso le vite ed i ritratti dei suoi sudditi. Alla National Portrait Gallery di Londra sino al 5 gennaio 2014. Qui per costi ed orari. // Elizabeth I and Her People, an exhibition for know better the remarkable reign of Elizabeth I through the lives and portraiture of her subjects. Click here for prices and timetables.

CITAZIONE
    The reign of Elizabeth I was a time of extraordinary enterprise. New opportunities for creativity and wealth creation in this period saw the beginning of the rise of the so-called middle classes.

The changes that took place at this time dramatically shaped the future of England and Wales. The Church of England was securely established and over time much of the country embraced the Protestant faith. The known world was expanding through maritime exploration and trade, cities grew in size and population and the economy flourished and purpose built theatres opened to the public.

This exhibition explores the story of the Elizabethans from the Queen, the nobility and gentry to many other talented individuals such as explorers, soldiers, merchants, artists and writers.

Elizabeth I & Her People at the National Portrait Gallery is a treat for Tudor lovers, displaying many of the famous paintings of the monarch alongside well-loved trinkets and accessories preserved from her times.

Among the most startling works must be the lesser-known portraits in which Elizabeth’s nose and chin curve towards each other so keenly that they almost touch, like a croissant, or a crescent of the moon.

Elizabeth I and her People is at the National Portrait Gallery until 5 January 2014.

[x], [x]

Khyyxy1s wCCLUWAs TnU0a3xs z5IgV8xs S932vfcs

8 replies since 8/6/2013, 11:51   145 views