Elisabetta I

« Older   Newer »

1. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Topic dedicato alla sovrana Elisabetta I, figlia di Anna Bolena e di Enrico VIII. // Topic about Elizabeth I, queen regnant of England and Ireland from 17 November 1558 until her death.

CITAZIONE
    Elisabetta fu la quinta ed ultima monarca della dinastia Tudor; liberata dalla prigionia alla quale era stata sottoposta nel 1558 per evitare che prendesse il potere, succedette nello stesso anno alla sorellastra Maria Tudor, la quale era morta senza eredi.

Il suo regno fu lungo e segnato da molti avvenimenti importanti. La sua politica di pieno sostegno alla Chiesa d'Inghilterra, dopo i tentativi di restaurazione cattolica da parte di Maria Tudor, provocò forti tensioni religiose nel regno e vi furono parecchi tentativi di congiure contro di lei, in cui fu coinvolta anche la cugina Maria Stuart che ella fece giustiziare. Coinvolta a più riprese nei conflitti religiosi della sua epoca, uscì vittoriosa dalla guerra contro la Spagna; sempre durante il suo regno furono poste le basi della futura potenza commerciale e marittima della nazione ed iniziò la colonizzazione dell'America settentrionale.

La sua epoca, denominata età elisabettiana, fu anche un periodo di straordinaria fioritura artistica e culturale: William Shakespeare, Christopher Marlowe, Ben Jonson, Edmund Spenser, Francis Bacon sono solo alcuni degli scrittori e pensatori che vissero durante il suo regno.

Continua qui la lettura di tutta la biografia. Altre pagine dedicate ad Elisabetta: [x], [x]. For this text in English read here.

2. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Leggevo proprio l'altro giorno che è ancora il sovrano d'Inghilterra più amato della storia.
    Molti sostengono che senza di lei - o meglio senza pure il padre - non ci sarebbe mai stata una flotta inglese né un fiorente commercio ed il Regno Unito non sarebbe mai divenuto uno degli stati più forti d'Europa.
    Onestamente concordo.

3. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Un articolo sulla teoria che afferma che Elisabetta I fosse un travestito. // An article about the real nature of the Virgin Queen?

CITAZIONE
    Is this proof the Virgin Queen was an imposter in drag? Shocking new theory about Elizabeth I unearthed in historic manuscripts

The bones of Elizabeth I, Good Queen Bess, lie mingled with those of her sister, Bloody Mary, in a single tomb at Westminster Abbey. But are they really royal remains — or evidence of the greatest conspiracy in English history?

If that is not the skeleton of Elizabeth Tudor, the past four centuries of British history have been founded on a lie.

And according to a controversial new book, the lie began on an autumn morning 470 years ago, when panic swept through a little group of courtiers in a manor house in the Cotswold village of Bisley in Gloucestershire.

The king, Henry VIII, was due at any hour. He was travelling from London, in great discomfort — for the 52-year-old monarch was grossly overweight and crippled by festering sores — to visit his daughter, Elizabeth.

The young princess had been sent there that summer from the capital to avoid an outbreak of plague. But she had fallen sick with a fever and, after weeks of bleeding, leeches and vomiting, her body was too weak to keep fighting. The night before the king’s arrival, his favourite daughter, the only child of his marriage to Anne Boleyn, had been dangerously ill. In the morning, Elizabeth lay dead.

Elizabeth’s governess, Lady Kat Ashley, and her guardian, Thomas Parry, had good reason to fear telling the king this awful news. It would cost them their lives. Four of Henry’s children had died in infancy and, of the survivors, one — Edward — was a sickly boy of five and the other an embittered, unmarried woman in her late 20s.

Continua qui la lettura di tutto l'articolo. Continue here to read all the article.

Edited by Julia_Katina - 12/9/2013, 08:20

4. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Filippa Lillonza II @ 8/6/2013, 13:16) 
    Leggevo proprio l'altro giorno che è ancora il sovrano d'Inghilterra più amato della storia.

Assolutamente capibile. Forse perché non sono una grande fan di Enrico VIII, ma, davvero, Elisabetta è stata l'artefice di una rivoluzione economica e culturale non indifferente. Alla fine è con lei che si è avuto il Rinascimento, in Inghilterra. #meglio tardi che mai, lol
    Questa regina è ricordata per il carattere fiero e forte, la grande capacità con cui ha saputo governare e guidare i suoi domini. Il padre, che a mio avviso era tutto tranne che un uomo sinceramente brillante, o ammirevole, è ricordato per le sue moglie. Questa differenza dovrebbe dirla lunga.
    Comunque ho letto l'articolo e l'ho trovato davvero molto interessante. Avevo già sentito parlare di questa teoria, ma non le avevo dato mai peso: all'inizio pare solo una cosa divertente, adatta per farsi due risate, ma poi, almeno secondo il mio punto di vista, se si analizzano meglio le coincidenze, le circostanze e le tracce, non può non suscitare almeno un piccolo dubbio.
    Non sto dicendo che sia tutto vero, attenzione. Ma che alcuni indizi paiono abbastanza validi e del resto sappiamo che nella storia, a dispetto di quello che si conosce universalmente, tutto è possibile no? X°D
    Cercherò di informarmi meglio. Questa storia mi intriga parecchio.

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper
    Riscoperto un ritratto dell'anziana Elisabetta I. // Aging Elizabeth I's portrait rediscovered.

CITAZIONE
    A rare portrait from 1593 of Queen Elizabeth I is on display at The Museum of the Albemarle in North Carolina. This overlooked gem hung without notice for over 50 years in the Elizabethan Gardens Gatehouse on Roanoke Island at the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Many walked past the portrait without giving it a second thought. Professor Larry Tise from East Carolina University “discovered” the portrait in 2008.

After a very detailed analysis by historians, curators and restorers, it was discovered that the portrait and frame materials indeed were from the Elizabethan era. It was also discovered that the wood from the frame originated from the materials set aside solely for royal portraits of this time period. The painting dates to 1593 and was possibly produced by Marcus Gheeraerts the Younger, who was a well-known painter during the Tudor period. Those who researched the painting came to this conclusion after viewing how similar this Elizabeth I portrait was to the Gheeraerts Elizabeth I (Ditchley portrait) that is hanging in the National Portrait Gallery in London.

One may wonder why this portrait is special. Also, why is it so important to North Carolina of all places? Firstly, the portrait is unique since it is painted in a rather unflattering way. Unlike paintings one has seen of Elizabeth I in her youthful exuberance, this painting shows an aged and wrinkled Queen. Perhaps, this is the reason it was overlooked for over five decades.

[x]

RZH4qj1s

Edited by Julia_Katina - 15/10/2013, 11:16

6. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Those details on the dress are just gorgeous!
    She...looks like Henry in this portrait...the one that the most famous one:)

7. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Maybe because she was a man, in truth? ;P

8. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oh, gosh, who knows! Those pesky british kings...I can't with them:)))

9. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Una nuova mostra su Elisabetta Tudor, Elizabeth I and Her People, che esplora il notevole regno della, attraverso le vite ed i ritratti dei suoi sudditi. Alla National Portrait Gallery di Londra sino al 5 gennaio 2014. Qui per costi ed orari. // Elizabeth I and Her People, an exhibition for know better the remarkable reign of Elizabeth I through the lives and portraiture of her subjects. Click here for prices and timetables.

CITAZIONE
    The reign of Elizabeth I was a time of extraordinary enterprise. New opportunities for creativity and wealth creation in this period saw the beginning of the rise of the so-called middle classes.

The changes that took place at this time dramatically shaped the future of England and Wales. The Church of England was securely established and over time much of the country embraced the Protestant faith. The known world was expanding through maritime exploration and trade, cities grew in size and population and the economy flourished and purpose built theatres opened to the public.

This exhibition explores the story of the Elizabethans from the Queen, the nobility and gentry to many other talented individuals such as explorers, soldiers, merchants, artists and writers.

Elizabeth I & Her People at the National Portrait Gallery is a treat for Tudor lovers, displaying many of the famous paintings of the monarch alongside well-loved trinkets and accessories preserved from her times.

Among the most startling works must be the lesser-known portraits in which Elizabeth’s nose and chin curve towards each other so keenly that they almost touch, like a croissant, or a crescent of the moon.

Elizabeth I and her People is at the National Portrait Gallery until 5 January 2014.

[x], [x]

Khyyxy1s wCCLUWAs TnU0a3xs z5IgV8xs S932vfcs

8 replies since 8/6/2013, 11:51   145 views