»Cesare Borgia (Mark Ryder)

"I. AM. CESARE. BORGIA!!!"

« Older   Newer »

1. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Topic dedicato all'aspirante condottiero Cesare. Per tutti i commenti sul Cesare di Mark Ryder (per il personaggio storico, andare qui). // Topic focused on our conqueror-wannabe Cesare. All you have to say about Mark Ryder's Cesare (for the historical character go here).

2. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Il Cesare di Mark Ryder è senza dubbio, per quanto riguarda i film e le serie tv sui Borgia, il mio Cesare preferito; anche se neppure quello di Los Borgia (Sergio Peris-Mencheta) è affatto male. Mark e Tom Fontana, comunque, hanno fatto davvero un buon lavoro.

Edited by Julia_Katina - 13/5/2013, 17:02

3. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sinceramente non sono pazza di quello di Los Borgias: sarà che non riesco andandare oltre quell'aspetto, come dire... sbagliato? Non riesco proprio a figurarmi Cesare con quelle fattezze, il che mi distrae troppo per concentrarmi sulla caratterizzazione. XD In ogni caso concordo sul Cesare di Fontana.
    Non sono molto d'accordo con alcune scelte nella prima stagione (AKA flagellarsi) e anche in questa seconda
    tende ad essere troppo impulsivo: il Cesare che mi figuro è più freddo, ma magari dipende dal periodo della sua vita in cui ci si concentra al momento.

In ogni caso, aspetto di vederlo crescere: del resto, è la stagione dedicata a lui.

4. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

I haven't watched S2 yet, but from what I've seen in S 1 Mark is perfect for Cezare. He is conveying just the necessary edge, emotion of the character. From what I've read Cazare was known for such extreme mood swings just like Mark and Tom Fontana depict him. It was very well shown in the season finale, he killed Perotto in front of the whole Curia while just 5 minutes ago he was all in tears in Lucrezia's bedroom and just a second before that was willing to make out with her. It's just all these extremes mood swings that make this Cezare very alive, vibrant.

5. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Mark is perfect for Cezare.

Yes, totally agree. His Cesare is tormented, violent, ambitious. Maybe in the first season he's a little too involved with the religion (the real Caesar was an atheist) but I like him however. He's really good character, not with a flat personality.

6. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yes, totally agree. His Cesare is tormented, violent, ambitious. Maybe in the first season he's a little too involved with the religion (the real Caesar was an atheist) but I like him however. He's really good character, not with a flat personality.

There were some inconsistence for the sake of drama I guess, like the whole baby sacrifice storyline and all the torture he was inflicting upon himself ( not that I didn't like to see Mark's bared chest :wub:), I think that's what you do with a serialized television to make to story more..alive, though I think those plots also showed how extreme he is, what lengths he can go if he sets his mind on it. That's why later he was a great commander - as much as ambitions he was also determined and dedicated.

7. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Well, he is still a fictional character even if taken from a historical man. I love history and I get very angry when people mistreat her, but I can tolerate some small changes (especially if they are good, adding a touch of extra charm). Tom Fontana sufficient respects the history but at the same time does a pure spectacle. This is a very difficult work. I think he's great.
    Do you know Cesare's Fuyumi Souryo?

8. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yes, Tom Fontana knows how to make the perfect mix of drama and character development. What he did with Cezare is magnificent. I bet he loves writing for him, it's always easy to see when the screen writer enjoys writing for the character.
    I saw in some description for S2 that's the season is focused on Cezare, can;t wait to watch it!
    Do you know Cesare's Fuyumi Souryo?

No, never heard of it.

9. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (butterfly-fly @ 8/5/2013, 21:29) 
    No, never heard of it.

So wrong, girl!
    I think that Cesare is the best - for me, of course - Cesare of all the time. After him I prefer Mark's Cesare and for the third place is for that of Los Borgia, I think.

10. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

This season is moslty focusing about his grownth into the military man he's always wished to be, and it's great to see the turning point. There is a scene in the first half of the season -not going to spoil it for you- where you can sense the change, you can see in his eyes he's left behind what he was before to become someone new -and perhaps has lost something of his humanity along the way.
    Mark did a wonderful job, he's just so good at showing Cesare's emotions even without uttering a word.
    I'm pretty sure you're going to love this season there is also a good deal of bare chest which doesn't hurt at all, does it? :3

CITAZIONE
    It's just all these extremes mood swings that make this Cezare very alive, vibrant.

You're going to just how MUCH his mood does SWING, LOL, trust me on that.

11. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

So wrong, girl!

I will check this one out, I promise!

I think that Cesare is the best - for me, of course - Cesare of all the time. After him I prefer Mark's Cesare and for the third place is for that of Los Borgia, I think.

Oh, Los Borgia, I love that movie too! I was not very keen on the actor at first, but he completely won me over by the end of the film!
    This season is moslty focusing about his grownth into the military man he's always wished to be, and it's great to see the turning point. There is a scene in the first half of the season -not going to spoil it for you- where you can sense the change, you can see in his eyes he's left behind what he was before to become someone new -and perhaps has lost something of his humanity along the way.

Damn, why I live in the country where Netflix is not streaming?! Uh, the only hope is kind souls will make a dvd rip and put it online. I saw random fanvids on YT, but I still want to know the plot. He looked extremely handsome in those fan vids I might say.

12. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Damn, why I live in the country where Netflix is not streaming?! Uh, the only hope is kind souls will make a dvd rip and put it online. I saw random fanvids on YT, but I still want to know the plot. He looked extremely handsome in those fan vids I might say.

I feel your pain. I watched the whole season in French and there are bits I could only makes sense of using sheer immagination. XD But I did get the general plots, so thankful I chose French in middle school lol.
    And it's the beard, gurl. He definitely got 12345678 times hotter this season.

13. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Miss.ChatterBox @ 8/5/2013, 23:00) 

Yes. ù.ù He's very hot in this season, yeah.

CITAZIONE
    Oh, Los Borgia, I love that movie too! I was not very keen on the actor at first, but he completely won me over by the end of the film!

:wub: I love it too! In truth I don't like the physical aspect of Sergio Peris-Mencheta, but he played a good Cesare. After all this is is the most important thing. ^^

CITAZIONE
    I saw random fanvids on YT, but I still want to know the plot.

You can read here for episodes' plot, darling.

14. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yes. ù.ù He's very hot in this season, yeah.

Just saw the Netflix trailer ( thanks for posting that, btw) - "I want to be the King". Boy has ambitions, doesn't he? and he has def been working out, Mark's body is just..well..you know:)))
    You can read here for episodes' plot, darling.

Oh, thank you, hon! Wow, it's all so intriguing! So the season end with the siege of Forli, good - some interesting stuff is gonna happen in S3!
    I love it too! In truth I don't like the physical aspect of Sergio Peris-Mencheta, but he played a good Cesare. After all this is is the most important thing. ^^

Do you have a thread here on the forum for this movie? There were other things I liked besides Cezare in that version.

15. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (butterfly-fly @ 9/5/2013, 14:05) 
    Do you have a thread here on the forum for this movie? There were other things I liked besides Cezare in that version.

Yesss! Here. :D

133 replies since 3/4/2013, 18:27   2618 views