»Juan Borgia (David Oakes)

"I have been in pain, Cesare, for all my years."

« Older   Newer »

1. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Topic dedicato a Juan, il cavaliere maledetto. Per tutti i commenti sul Juan di David Oakes (per il personaggio storico, andare qui). // Topic focused on Juan, the Unholy Knight. All you have to say about David Oakes' Juan (for the historical character go here).

2. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

I dare say I liked this version of Juan. In the beginning esp he was rather nice young man, not without faults, but at least he was smiling and jovial and had something very close to real family relationships with his mother, Lucrezia and Rodrigo. I actually could understand his ambition not to let anyone beneath their family status in the family. Being a bastard son he wanted to make for a better future, to erase that fact from his bio somehow. That's understandable.
    I hated what they have done with him after he returned from Spain - syphilis, drug-addiction, depression, really? He was just dragged in this misery I guess so that his death would be justified. I'm sad though, really sad for his demise.

3. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    I hated what they have done with him after he returned from Spain - syphilis, drug-addiction, depression, really? He was just dragged in this misery I guess so that his death would be justified. I'm sad though, really sad for his demise

We all know what happened with him. XD God forbid there is another decent man whose name isn't Cesare in this series. To be honest, I rather enjoyed him in the second season, too -at one point, he was the very reason I kept watching. Even though they managed to ruin his life in every way possible, he had his moments of dept, when they didnt' overdo it with making him the bad guy -hence swinging baby Giovanni on the balcony.
    That move just makes no sense. I mean, he's a bastard himself and he was there with everybody else in that last Norman Rockwell-ish at the end of the first season. It's inconsistent he suddenly has a grudge this big against a child or that he felt the need to erase his existence from earth for Lucrezia's sake, none the less.
    It feels they needed a good enough motivation to get Cesare to kill him and look like a douchebag for doing it, to me.

4. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

We all know what happened with him. XD

I know, LOL! Still sad though, as I said I liked the guy in many ways (the actor is not bad on the eye too :D)
    That move just makes no sense. I mean, he's a bastard himself and he was there with everybody else in that last Norman Rockwell-ish at the end of the first season. It's inconsistent he suddenly has a grudge this big against a child or that he felt the need to erase his existence from earth for Lucrezia's sake, none the less.

Totally, that's a plot point of mild inconvenience, like "Oh, Juan, is completely out of his mind. He is threatening a child. Oh, dear God, someone should do something
    about it". Killing Pedro, yeh, Ok, but he never showed anything against the child up until that moment.
    It feels they needed a good enough motivation to get Cesare to kill him and look like a douchebag for doing it, to me.

You know what else doesn't sit well with me with that kill - it was so not a fair fight. In the beginning of S2 there was fight sequence with Juan and Cezare, and when both in good condition they showed they have equal forces. In the end of S2 Juan was weak from disease, wounded in the leg, that night most probably drunk and def on drugs. And Cezare considering all this additionally needed help from his hangman to finish Juan off? 2 against one, who was to add to the list unsuspecting, plus in a weak condition.

5. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    (the actor is not bad on the eye too )

I pick him over Francois 1234567890 times.

CITAZIONE
    Killing Pedro, yeh, Ok, but he never showed anything against the child up until that moment.

Another thing that Cesare happened to do in real life, what a coincidence, huh? XD

CITAZIONE
    In the end of S2 Juan was weak from disease, wounded in the leg, that night most probably drunk and def on drugs. And Cezare considering all this additionally needed help from his hangman to finish Juan off? 2 against one, who was to add to the list unsuspecting, plus in a weak condition.

Also, let's not forget Juan was pouring his heart out to Cesare at that moment. I think it was done on purpose to make Cesare look bad -strinking his brother when he was the most vulnerable. Only at that point everybody hated Juan so much that Cesare ended up looking like the black hero anyway. XD

6. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

I pick him over Francois 1234567890 times.

He is such cutie :D

Another thing that Cesare happened to do in real life, what a coincidence, huh? XD

But, no, how he could hook up with his dear sis if he did that, right? *sarcasm*
    Let it be Juan for the sake of Cezare scoring one...
    Also, let's not forget Juan was pouring his heart out to Cesare at that moment. I think it was done on purpose to make Cesare look bad -strinking his brother when he was the most vulnerable. Only at that point everybody hated Juan so much that Cesare ended up looking like the black hero anyway. XD

Yeh, no one liked Juan at that time...except Rodrigo. Speaking of, I like the burial scene with Rodrigo and what he invisioned in his mind as a little Juan. That was one powerful scene, very moving. Kudos to Jeremy Irons.

7. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    He is such cutie

He's a sexy thing. u.u

CITAZIONE
    But, no, how he could hook up with his dear sis if he did that, right? *sarcasm*
    Let it be Juan for the sake of Cezare scoring one...

I'm crying. X°D But yeah, even though the historical Lucrezia forgave him both Perotto's and Alfonso's deaths (which where widly attributed to him) this Lucrezia would have had blood from him in fact
    she's the one to kill Alfonso in the end. God forbid he does any bad deed.

CITAZIONE
    Speaking of, I like the burial scene with Rodrigo and what he invisioned in his mind as a little Juan. That was one powerful scene, very moving. Kudos to Jeremy Irons

Yeah, that was an incredibly moving scene and Little!Juan was such a cute monkey. Have you noticed the look in Cesare's eyes every time Rodrigo names Juan? XD It's so hilarious LOL. Like "Call his name again and I'll cut a bitch".

8. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'm crying. X°D But yeah, even though the historical Lucrezia forgave him both Perotto's and Alfonso's deaths (which where widly attributed to him) this Lucrezia would have had blood from him

Yeh, I'd say think Lucrezia is not very supportive of him and is not really involved in his issues. All the bro/sis moments they had (at least what I remember of them) is Cez consoling her, babysitting her and calming her hysterics. I don't remember a moment when she is concerned about his well-being....
    about the spoiler - she does WHAT??? this show is unbelievable!
    Yeah, that was an incredibly moving scene and Little!Juan was such a cute monkey.

"We berried our son" *eternal cries* Very well done!

9. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Yeh, I'd say think Lucrezia is not very supportive of him and is not really involved in his issues. All the bro/sis moments they had (at least what I remember of them) is Cez consoling her, babysitting her and calming her hysterics. I don't remember a moment when she is concerned about his well-being...

I'll reply to this in Cesare's thread there is much to talk about. u.u
    As for bro\sis moments, do you remember Juan and Lucrezia having any before the whole s2 shenanigans? XD

10. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

As for bro\sis moments, do you remember Juan and Lucrezia having any before the whole s2 shenanigans? XD

mmm, honestly, not really :D I do think there were some family boding back-back at the beginning of S1, but Lucrezia is pretty much all about herself, so...but I do think Juan cared for her in a way ( in a normal brotherly way, just to be clear:))) I'm not very attentive viewer though when it comes to this show.

11. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    mmm, honestly, not really I do think there were some family boding back-back at the beginning of S1, but Lucrezia is pretty much all about herself, so...but I do think Juan cared for her in a way ( in a normal brotherly way, just to be clear:))) I'm not very attentive viewer though when it comes to this show.

I remember no such thing honestly. XD Juan was in charge of the entertainment for her wedding and she saved him from the big bad French and that was it. One thing I'd liked to see was some interaction between the two. Not in a romantic way, mind you, just like brother and sister. This show, I noticed, takes too much for granted: we expect they cared for each other, but... Juan mostly interacted with Rodrigo and Cesare in s1.
    Then everybody turned their back on him bar Rodrigo and there went any chance for family moments, LOL.
    Speaking of which, my favourite Juan moment in s1 was that talk with Rodrigo. It wasn't flaunted like in Cesare's case, but we do see him vulnerable and wanting to please his father, almost dependant on his love. *also, as already pointed out, Rodrigo is the source of everyone's problem in this show*

12. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (butterfly-fly @ 10/5/2013, 15:10) 
    I dare say I liked this version of Juan. In the beginning esp he was rather nice young man, not without faults, but at least he was smiling and jovial and had something very close to real family relationships with his mother, Lucrezia and Rodrigo. I actually could understand his ambition not to let anyone beneath their family status in the family. Being a bastard son he wanted to make for a better future, to erase that fact from his bio somehow. That's understandable.
    I hated what they have done with him after he returned from Spain - syphilis, drug-addiction, depression, really? He was just dragged in this misery I guess so that his death would be justified. I'm sad though, really sad for his demise.

I agree.

CITAZIONE
    the bad guy -hence swinging baby Giovanni on the balcony.

This story is really ridiculous...

CITAZIONE
    It's inconsistent he suddenly has a grudge this big against a child or that he felt the need to erase his existence from earth for Lucrezia's sake, none the less.

Agree, again.

CITAZIONE (Miss.ChatterBox @ 10/5/2013, 16:41) 
    CITAZIONE
    In the end of S2 Juan was weak from disease, wounded in the leg, that night most probably drunk and def on drugs. And Cezare considering all this additionally needed help from his hangman to finish Juan off? 2 against one, who was to add to the list unsuspecting, plus in a weak condition.

Oh, this is an aspect of the question I had never noticed particularly. Here... it was not very heroic by Cesare although, in theory, Neil has tried to provide him all possible good excuses for his action.

CITAZIONE
    Yeh, no one liked Juan at that time...except Rodrigo.

Yes. Historically speaking I belive Lucrezia suffered for this death. Someone remembers special mentions - the real - Vannozza about Juan's murder?

CITAZIONE
    Mi ricordo niente del genere onestamente. XD

Here's the same, girls.

13. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Yes. Historically speaking I belive Lucrezia suffered for this death. Someone remembers special mentions - the real - Vannozza about Juan's murder?

Some says Michelangelo's Pieta was inspired by Vannozza's grief for Juan's death. Probably untrue, but you get the idea how happy she was of his death, historically. This Vannozza plainly tells Rodrigo Juan was rotten and that he should just accept his death and move on.

14. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ma sbaglio o anche in Borgia: Faith and Fear c'è stata una reazione simile da parte di Vannozza, circa la morte di Juan?

15. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Si. Perché lì
    avevano fatto uccidere Pedro Luis a Juan e quando lei lo era venuto a sapere lo aveva più o meno diseredato, LOL.

34 replies since 3/4/2013, 16:47   500 views