Spoilers

« Older   Newer »

1. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Spoilers sul triangolo amoroso. // Spoilers on the love triangle.

CITAZIONE
    According to McCarthy, this is not only by design, but will continue going forward. Talking about Mary and Bash to TVLine, McCarthy stated: "There will always be a lingering thing between them, but [Kenna] is going to find herself falling for Bash, and she's going to be successful in getting him to fall for her. Our lives have chapters. People move on."

[x]

2. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuovi spoilers sulla serie. // New spoilers.

nCjirkVs

[x]

CITAZIONE
    "They [Mary and Bash] have a bond that is never really going to go away," Executive Producer Laurie McCarthy told us this afternoon. "I feel like we write to that bond, and we honor it, but they're moving in different directions now."
    Torrance Coombs also chimed in, admitting that here are those people in your life that you don't really ever fully get over, but you do move on,"
    "I don't know. That's going to be up to [the writers] where that goes, but nothing in particular is coming to a head. There's other problems to go on, and Bash and Kenna are working things out themselves," Coombs continued, before Adelaide Kane added that "there are many bigger and scarier things to take care of in the next couple of episodes."
    Another important relationship that will also be honored in the series is the "love between brothers," McCarthy added. "We want to honor that as well." Coombs had a few things to add about that notion. "To have Bash pursue Mary relentlessly at this point when she's chosen Francis and when that's a thing, I think that does a disservice to the relationship between the brothers. It really only became a reality when the legitimization thing happened, and when it was to save his life. That's when it became sort of okay to pursue that," he said.
    Higher GroundWith all that said, Executive Producer Brad Silberling teases that - although they won't give it away - he and McCarthy were both "moved to tears" by some work done together by Coombs and Kane by season's end. "It's incredible," he said.

[x]

CITAZIONE
    it sounds like French Court’s new “it” couple has a few surprises in store for us. Specifically, Kenna might soon be changing her selfish ways. “Love changes you,” executive producer Laurie McCarthy tells us. “That’s when you learn to sacrifice, so it’ll be interesting to see where that takes her.”

[x]

3. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Spoilers sugli ultimi episodi. // Spoilers on the left episodes.

CITAZIONE
    Mary’s Darkside
    ADELAIDE: I think that began to happen a long time ago. I think it’s been a slow and gradual sort of shift for her. I don’t think anything like that ever happens all at once and all of a sudden. It’s not a switch and you’re ready to sacrifice lives. I think this has been coming for awhile. . . I think she’s been realizing that she needs to make difficult decisions. One life versus dozens versus political upheaval. It is a difficult decision, but a necessary evil. So she’s been slowly coming to terms with being able to live with herself making those choices. It just remains to be seen how far that ends up going, and how far she strays from the path of the noble minded queen that she has always been. It’s whether she ends up like Catherine.
    LAURIE: It comes at a moment in her life where men have bowed to her and fought for her and died for her. Referring to the whorehouse massacre, where there were a bunch of Scots who went off and did her bidding — and Catherine warned her in that moment as well that this was going to keep happening. So [Mary] is embracing her power. She is also really cognizant of the cost of that power. This episode (episode 20) was designed to put a finer point on that.
    BRAD: There’s beautiful degree of written self-awareness too. There’s great moments that [Adalaide] gets to play where now that [Mary's] really examining that cost, where she is in that transition, and where she is in her marriage.

Francis’ Return

LAURIE: Francis will return to the castle in very short order, and Leith (Jonathan Keltz) as well.

Effects of Timejump

LAURIE: We moved time a little more quickly towards the end of the season, partly because we wanted to do the Battle of Calais, and we’re faced with certain realities of time on our show. There’s no cellphones; there’s no high-speed train. So time needed to move by quickly for Francis to go to war and win the war, and it happened to service the Lola-Francis-Mary storyline with accelerating the pregnancy as well. Things get more complicated. [Francis] is still unaware that Lola is carrying his child. And with Greer and Leith, when they said goodbye, they really thought they were never going to see each other again. Again, we honor the realities of this time because you cannot change your fate by getting a scholarship and going to college and starting a business; but you can change your fate if you find a noble that can bestow riches upon you or raise your station — or marry the right person. But even then you really need a royal to give you land. The kingdom owned everything. So it was a great opportunity to connect two characters who really had been in each other’s periphery, but never actually met. It will change everything when Leith comes back ’cause he’s a different person. He has different opportunities and different ambitions, as we’ll come to find out as well.
    BRAD: He was told to live for the woman back at home. That’s an incredible moment and that will come back.

Mary & Francis

ADELAIDE: I think Mary has kept herself very busy while Francis has been away at war. We’ve established that he is a pretty efficient warrior and he’s a smart man. In the larger scheme of things, I think she does believe he will come home safe-and-sound, but there’s always that concern that life goes on and she has to take care of things at the castle and take care of things for Scotland and pray her letters get to him and his letters back to her will get to her.
    LAURIE: The conflicts that happen between Mary and Francis, they happen because [she] is queen of another country and he is king of his country. So it creates this incredible conflict. But who better to be married to and understand exactly what you’re going through.
    ADELAIDE: I think if you spend that much time apart, there’s going to be a disconnect when they come back together and then of course with Lola and the baby, and with [Mary] still remaining childless, she’s probably had more time to focus on the fact that she can’t have children. . . But the reunion between Mary and Francis is going to be somewhat very sweet because they love each other and because he’s been away at war. But it doesn’t mean that they don’t still have conflicting patriot duties — that’s never going to change. . . [She's] also been up to some shady dealings while he’s been away. Even though they love each other so much, they cannot share everything. Not tell each other everything. It’s just no doable. I mean, he ran off with her army.
    LAURIE: There was a moment, that we unfortunately cut, when the mercenary tells [Mary]: “I wonder if your husband will recognize you.”
    ADELAIDE: She’s changed a lot because Francis is not there to help her. Not that he’s done a particularly good job of doing that this season. He tries and fails miserable, every single time.
    BRAD: He does tell [her] that he tries though.

Bash & Kenna

TORRANCE: (Laughs) We have some fun.
    BRAD: It’s actually very sweet to watch.

The Brothers

LAURIE: Another key relationship is the love between brothers. We want to honor that as well.
    TORRANCE: To have Bash pursue Mary relentlessly at this point when she has chosen Francis, I think that does a disservice to the relationship between the brothers. It really only became a reality when the legitimization thing happened and it was to save his life. That’s when it sort of became okay to pursue that.
    LAURIE: The are things in the woods that Bash has to handle first.

The Finale

LAURIE: Episode 20 (“Higher Ground”) is a build up to — talking about the relationships first — you have seen Francis and Mary almost switch positions from where they were at the beginning of the year where she was a little bit more naive and more of a romantic, and he was more of a realist. I think he’s found his heart and he’s found who he wants to be as king and that will come to a test and a very dramatic conclusion at the end of the season. We’ve talked about what may be happening in the woods and who’s demanding sacrifices and to what end, and those questions will be answered by the end of the season. . . and Henry’s madness.
    BRAD: As with everything in this show, there’s nobody who is straight up evil — other than Tomas in episode 4 — but when people are doing bad things, there’s usually a reason for it.
    LAURIE: Even with Lola (Anna Popplewell) and Julien (Giancomo Giannotti), you’ll learn more about who he is. When you ask a liar to not lie to you any more, what else are they going to say?
    BRAD: Love changes people, and that love between those two characters is transformational for them in a very interesting way.
    LAURIE: We’ll see some triangles expand to quadrangles, and some repositioning of people in surprising ways.
    Cliffhanger

LAURIE: (Laughs) There’s a bit of a cliffhanger. But I feel like it’s an incredibly satisfying episode.
    ADELAIDE: A lot of things come to a head, which is nice.

[x]

4. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Spoilers su Leith e Greer. // Spoilers on Leith and Greer.

CITAZIONE
    things are complicated between the duo. "It will change everything when Leith comes back [to French Court]. He's a different person," Laurie McCarthy previewed for us. "He has different opportunities and different ambitions, we'll come to find out as well."

[x]

5. ƒëlïx ruvërïs
        +1   -1

User deleted

Spoilers da Torrance. // Torrance for TV Guide Canada.

CITAZIONE
    “Henry craves power above all else—he loves being king,” Coombs tells TV Guide Canada, before adding the king wanted to prepare Francis (Toby Regbo) for the throne but always planned to “just kill him and get rid of him,” if he groomed his son too well or too quickly.

Bash might be slightly better off than Francis since he’s not currently at the castle, although given that he’s decided to go into the home of The Darkness to defeat it, there’s no guarantee he’s any safer than his brother. Even being at home with Kenna (Caitlin Stasey) is dangerous now that she’s taken in a boy vowing revenge on the man who killed his father—which just so happens to be the unlucky Bash.

The growing relationship between Bash and his wife comes as a surprise, since Kenna was his father’s mistress and Bash was very much in love with her friend and queen, Mary (Adelaide Kane). Despite some longing looks to the contrary, Coombs says Bash isn’t pursuing Mary anymore.

“It never had that, the ease about it that you would want,” he explains. “They never settled into it. It never got passionate and romantic because it was bogged down by politics from the beginning. And the politics is what Bash is always tried desperately to avoid, and that was the part of being king he did not want. But he was willing to take it on to save his brother’s life and to help Mary out. And to have Mary.”

Coombs went on to explain Bash’s ongoing interest in the queen, saying, “At least anybody who’s lucky has had somebody that no matter what they just can’t stay away from them. That kind of a connection is really special and I think Bash has felt that for Mary.” While he adds that never really goes away for Bash, their marriages and the ongoing danger at the castle have forced him to move on.

As for what’s to come for Bash after the finale, Coombs isn’t sure given that Bash isn’t based on an historical figure.

“If they’re sticking to history they have to find a way to make him important in the story but not so important as to end up in the history books,” he mused. “So he’s always going to be the one somehow behind the scenes making things happen, but that never really gets credit for it. And maybe that’s the bastard’s lot in life. I have a feeling that as other main characters have to move on and pass away, as they did in history, Bash may be our common thread that keeps that continuity from the beginning. I mean otherwise, it’s ruthless. You’d have to kill off all the characters every season and hire a whole new cast.”

[x]

34 replies since 19/1/2014, 20:01   688 views