« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper
    Nuovi spoilers. // New spoilers.

CITAZIONE
    If it felt like the first season of Reign — The CW’s 15th-century drama about Mary, Queen of Scots (Adelaide Kane) — sped through history, that’s because executive producer and co-creator Laurie McCarthy was desperate to get her series to a very specific period in time.

“We burned through the timeline last year because I wanted to do two things: I wanted to get Mary and Francis (Toby Regbo) on the throne, so that Season 2 felt like a new chapter, and I also wanted Lola (Anna Popplewell) to have his child,” McCarthy told BuzzFeed News. “Now that I’ve got everybody where I want them, there are so many stories to tell about them being young rulers. We also get to go beyond the castle walls, out into the landscape of France, and see the real obstacles they face with the nobles.”
    She continued: “We’re also leaning into the religious wars between Protestants and Catholics because it gives you a lot of high stakes. Really, what that was was the revolution brewing between the old guard and the new guard. There are so many stories to explore there that we’ll be slowing down a bit and going really deep rather than speeding forward.”

[...]And while Reign has yet to kill off a main character this season — although things don’t look good for Bash (Torrance Coombs) and Kenna (Caitlin Stasey) in the teaser — McCarthy would not hesitate to kill off a fan favorite. “If it feels right, then yes,” she said ominously. [...] And in Season 2, the love between this unlikely couple will continue to grow as each cements their foothold in the castle’s political sphere.
    “Bash is going to be drawn closer and closer into Francis’ rule,” McCarthy said. “His brother is going to lean on him a lot, and the more [Bash] tries to protect and defend his brother, the more complicated his life is going to become.”

As for Bash’s better (?) half, McCarthy will continue to mine humor from Kenna’s outsider-on-the-inside perspective. “She’s so unedited and I love that,” McCarthy said, laughing. “But Kenna’s incredibly ambitious and a little bit reckless — and I don’t see that changing because she’s happily married.”
    Francis is hiding two big secrets at season’s start: He fathered a child out of wedlock with Lola, and he murdered his father. While both threaten to derail his life, only one could lead to his death. “There’s no greater crime, and it’s the one crime a king is not protected from,” McCarthy said of Francis’ lethal bedside manner, before adding, “It would take Mary down too — and someone knows the truth!”
    So, how far will Francis go to protect this secret? “If someone were to blackmail the king, I think he would do just about anything to protect Mary and his entire line.”

A line that now includes a son. Although it was incredibly common for kings to have children with women who were not their wives, Mary is not your average spouse. “It’s a thorn in their marriage,” McCarthy said of the infant. “And Francis will have a bond with Lola that isn’t necessarily sexual — although it clearly was at one point. Francis is eager to have a family and it puts a lot of pressure on Mary, who historically had incredible difficulty conceiving. And the harder his job gets, the more pleasure he’ll take in simpler things, and [his son] is a simpler relationship.” With her husband dead, Catherine is no longer the ruling queen of France; Mary is — and that proves to be an incredibly bitter pill for Catherine to swallow. “I love their relationship,” McCarthy said enthusiastically. “What I love about it is they couldn’t have more in common, really. And yet Mary’s taken something from Catherine. Even though Catherine is now relatively at peace with the fact Mary is wed to her son, she still took her son! She has a lot of natural mother-in-law tendencies and a big stock of poison.”
    In navigating this new dynamic, fans will be presented with even more backstabbing and side-eyeing. “We’ll see their relationship twist and turn a lot into many different iterations this year,” said McCarthy. “It will be less black and white than Catherine simply wanting Mary gone, but there will be moments — that will be earned by story — where Catherine is most definitely going to want Mary gone.”

“We talk about this being the haunted season a lot on the writing staff,” McCarthy said. “They’re people who are born of such privilege, but they’re haunted by their responsibility and they’ve all made choices that have spilled a lot of blood. If you’ve committed a lot of sins, you may be haunted by nightmares or visions.”
    “When you have people with so much power, they can influence others,” she added. “But when they influence, the outcome can be shocking. And if you have people who are mercurial in these positions of power, they can make enormous things happen and I’m excited about everyone seeing that. This season is going to be just as scary and sweeping and epic, but more complex — and there will be surprising twists and turns.”

[x]

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper

CITAZIONE
    Oh, we're about to make it rain. (Sorry, we had to.) Executive producer Laurie McCarthy told us to expect a few "surprising pairings" in season two, with newcomer Condé (played by Sean Teale) definitely shaking things up. "Condé doesn't really have a problem being with married women," McCarthy teased. So yeah, Bash and Francis better keep an eye on their wives ‘cause Condé is, like, really hot. We're just sayin'!

[x]

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper

CITAZIONE
    In the season premiere? Distant. Francis is off with Lola, trying to protect them, while Mary is trying to avoid the plague in the castle. But once he returns home, things could be looking up as Mary “spends a lot of the first three episodes naked,” star Adelaide Kane reveals. “We’re sexy this season.” However, the whole Lola/baby situation will make things “awkward” around the castle for everyone involved.

[x]

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper
    Nuovi spoilers. // New spoilers from TV Line.

CITAZIONE
    In surveying Francis’ Season 2 journey, EP Laurie McCarthy told us he isn’t about to subject his own child to the life he had growing up under King Henry’s stern thumb. “Francis will have a chance to do it differently with his child by Lola, but it is going to pull him and Mary apart, among other things,” she said. “And they will, in fact, be drawn to others. But whether they’ll give into that temptation or not is anyone’s guess.”

[x]

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper

CITAZIONE
    Interesting choice of words, Omotola, because death is on everyone’s mind at Court this season — especially newcomer Narcisse, who’s got Mary in his target. “His son has been murdered, and as much as [Narcisse] is seen as a villain, it was his baby boy that Mary threw into that room of plague,” actor Craig Parker says. “There’s an absolute father’s fury there, but it’s tempered by a very savvy political mind. Throughout the episodes we’ve shot so far, there are a number of personal sides to this man, but he’s always playing a political game.”

[x]

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper
    Nuovo POSSIBILE spoiler. // New POSSIBLE spoiler.

CITAZIONE
    Next month on Reign, while Francis is away Mary has to fight for her life when she is woken by assassins who have entered the castle. One of them wants revenge for his sons death and brutally takes his anger out on the Queen by raping her. It sounds like a fraught scene from what we have been told, and we can't help but wonder how this will effect the royal marriage..

[x]

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper

CITAZIONE
    Question: I need Reign scoop! I’m dying over here with the promo of Mary being pregnant! I’m a big fan of spoilers, and one I found hinted at a possible rape storyline and the potential that that’s where her pregnancy comes from. Can you confirm or deny? — Julia
    Ausiello: I can’t confirm or deny, Julia, but I can tell you that the p-word will continue to weigh heavily on both Mary and Francis in the weeks to come. “Becoming pregnant and having a child is still one of Mary’s top priorities in Season 2,” executive producer Laurie McCarthy says. “At that time, one of the most important responsibilities for any queen was to produce an heir.” As for how that heir is produced, I suppose anything is possible.

Question: Any Reign scoop? —Charlotte
    Ausiello: You want it, you got it, Charlotte. Episode 10 will introduce Conde’s brother, Antoine, whose lust for power — specifically power over France — might just outweigh his loyalty to Francis. In addition to being “charming” and “sexy,” he’s also described as a “bad influence,” so it’s safe to assume he’ll gain a few allies in his quest for the crown.

[x]

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper
    Nuovi spoilers. // New Spoilers.

CITAZIONE
    Question: Is Greer really going through with her wedding to Castleroy on Reign? They can’t do that to Leith! — Ashleigh
    Ausiello: Oh they can, Ashleigh… but will they? We do know a few things for sure: Greer will be slipping into a wedding dress this Thursday, and her former lover will have a front-row seat to the action. “In some capacity, I will be at Greer’s wedding,” Jonathan Keltz (aka Leith) teases. But he also urges us not to jump to conclusions, saying that, “Just because you saw a picture of Greer in a wedding dress, that doesn’t mean you know what’s going to happen.” Do we think Leith will speak up?

[x]

22 replies since 31/5/2014, 08:53   409 views