What If Famous Paintings Were Photoshopped to Look Like Fashion Models?

[ARTICOLO]

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper
    Dipinti rinascimentali modificati secondo gli standard di bellezza odierni. // Renaissance paintings modified according to today's fashion standars.

CITAZIONE
    Whether it’s tucking tummies, contouring jaw lines, enlarging eyes and lips, brushing out cellulite, or full-out head swapping, I’ve seen it all as a photo editor. While the conversation about the media’s portrayal and obsession with an unrealistic and unattainable beauty standard is not a new one, I think it’s crazy how much retouching people don’t notice. Over the last five years, having done many of the quick, subtle fixes that are the industry standard myself, I know that even an image considered to look “natural” is anything but.

Of course it hasn’t always been that way. Throughout art history, painters from Titian to Rubens to Gauguin found beauty in the bodies of women who would never fit into a size 0. But what would these famous works of art look like were they to conform to today’s Photoshopped standards of beauty? We’ve taken a digital liquefy brush to the painstakingly layered oils of some of the most celebrated paintings of the female form, nipping and tucking at will. There may be something sacrilegious in that, but the same could be said for our contemporary ideas of beauty.

Titian, Danaë With Eros, 1544

GSuej23

Raphael, Three Graces, 1504–1505

W76bTlo

Sandro Botticelli, Birth of Venus, 1486

apVnz56

[x]

2.     +1   -1

Group
    ♥ Borgia

Status
    casper
    Posso dire che personalmente preferisco gli originali? *sparisce; non le piacciono questo genere di manipolazioni, non le piace che le tocchino il suo amato Raffaello*
    e la Venere di Botticelli magra è proprio brutta y.y

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    casper
    Sono pienamente d'accordo con te. E credo che lo spirito della manipolazione sia stato proprio criticare l'arte di oggi, che si dedica più a togliere quello che vede come eccesso mistificando la realtà e poi vendendola per vera. Quindi, viva gli originali e pure la ciccia superflua. ù.ù

2 replies since 21/5/2014, 08:54   62 views