David Oakes in Pride and Prejudice!

[David Oakes // Juan Borgia]

« Older   Newer »

1. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    From David's comments I guess he himself is ready for that kind of role.

And it would be about EFFIN' TIME.

2. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Miss.ChatterBox @ 25/6/2013, 16:20) 
    Finally he's under the spotlight. <3

Yesss! ùùù

3. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Recensione, in inglese, sullo spettacolo. // A review of Pride and Prejudice.

CITAZIONE
    The intermingling of two British staples, namely a summertime love of alfresco theatre and arguably the country's favourite novel, could to those of a cynical disposition look like a straightforward play for the box-office bottom line. I must confess to harbouring a little advance suspicion myself but Deborah Bruce’s production has such charm and elegance that I was almost instantly won over.

Inevitably some of the texture of this immortal book is lost in translation but it’s remarkably little in Simon Reade’s fluid adaptation. Reade’s skill is to set the supporting characters doing exactly what we expect — Bingley beaming affably and Mary squawking at her piano, for example — and then to place in the middle of these confident turns protagonists of startling depth.

Jennifer Kirby makes a professional stage debut of quite some note as Elizabeth Bennet; her intelligent, laughing demeanour and sparkling eyes make her the perfect foil for David Oakes’s brooding, depth-suggesting Mr Darcy, whose shirts, I feel obliged to report, remain resolutely dry. The spectres of Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen slink away pensively when this pair square up.

The set, with its filigree ironwork and grand piano, calmly suggests a variety of locations and allows a delightful finale in which a flurry of letters are read aloud to inform us of various characters’ endings, happy or otherwise. Pleasingly, there’s also space for the nuanced matrimonial compromise of Charlotte Lucas. All in, a lot to be proud of.

lwnpPpWs

[x]

4. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Lol, me ne rendo conto. E non è che non mi ispirino, anzi; non a caso, almeno i testi più famosi, sono sulla mia lista dei futuri libri da leggere. Semplicemente ho poco tempo e sino ad ora, diversamente da altri classici, i lavori della Austen non mi sono mai capitati fra le mani. ^^

Ma sì ma sì scherzavo XD per esempio io non ho mai letto nulla delle sorella Bronte. E il motivo è lo stesso.

CITAZIONE
    Haha, I tell you a story when I was in the phase of educating my bf according to my views I asked him to read Pride and Prejudice. I gave him the book and was pleasantly surprised when in 30 minutes he was already on page 50.
    Me:"You are fast"
    BF "Uhh, no, you know, there was some ball, boring stuff..I skipped it"
    Me: "The ball? That ball when Darcy meets Lizzy?"

Some books are not for everyone

ahahahahahahahaha XDDDD

5. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Filippa Lillonza II @ 26/6/2013, 17:11) 
    CITAZIONE
    Haha, I tell you a story when I was in the phase of educating my bf according to my views I asked him to read Pride and Prejudice. I gave him the book and was pleasantly surprised when in 30 minutes he was already on page 50.
    Me:"You are fast"
    BF "Uhh, no, you know, there was some ball, boring stuff..I skipped it"
    Me: "The ball? That ball when Darcy meets Lizzy?"

Some books are not for everyone

ahahahahahahahaha XDDDD

I'M DEAD. X°°D

6. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Alcune recensioni sullo spettacolo. // The performance's review roundup.

Edited by Julia_Katina - 28/6/2013, 13:25

7. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

What a range of reactions! You can't please them all though.

8. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

9. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

10. Cry85
        +1   -1

User deleted

Se vi interessa qui c'è la mia recensione dopo la Premiere e una breve chiaccherata con David dopo lo spettacolo.

Edited by Miss.ChatterBox - 30/6/2013, 20:25

11. butterfly-fly
        +1   -1

User deleted

Haha, David!!! Bingley and Wickhem don;t have much scenes together, Bingley and Darcy on the other hand:)))))))))

12. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ti invidio dal profondo per essere riuscita a parlare con lui: mi hanno detto -una ragazza che lo ha incontrato- che è una persona adorabile. ç_ç Invidia profonda. E mi sarebbe veramente piaciuto poter assistere allo spettacolo, di solito quelli British valgono sempre il costo del biglietto sia quanto ad attori che scenografie.

13. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Davvero, ti invidio pure io. Comunque sì sembra un tipo davvero alla mano, divertente e simpatico. Di quelli che non se la tirano affatto, per intendersi XD
    E poi....SUONA IL CLARINETTO. LOL.

14. Etherya
        +1   -1

User deleted

Il clarinetto...? O.o

15. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Davvero, ti invidio pure io. Comunque sì sembra un tipo davvero alla mano, divertente e simpatico. Di quelli che non se la tirano affatto, per intendersi XD

Così mi è stato detto. E ricordi quella cosa in cui lui salutava le fan di Tumblr? <3 A quanto pare era una cosa sul momento, una richiesta di una ragazza che era andata a sentire un suo concerto in chiesa. *piange per l'invidia*

CITAZIONE
    E poi....SUONA IL CLARINETTO. LOL.

CITAZIONE
    Il clarinetto...? O.o

Questi strumenti pieno di pathos. XD

79 replies since 16/5/2013, 15:13   1251 views