Sangue e onore. I Borgia (Blood & Beauty)

[LIBRO; Sarah Dunant]

« Older   Newer »

1. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Allora ho ascoltato tutta la prima intervista e qualcosina della seconda e così a pelle (per quanto poi possa avere capito) non mi dispiace. Mi ha dato l'impressione di sapere di cosa parla e di non cadere nei soliti cliché (tranne per il classico discorso sulla mafia che vabbè)
    Mi è piaciuta una cosa che ha detto, quando nella prima le chiedono che cosa differenziasse Rodrigo dagli altri papi (sempre se non ho capito male) e lei ha risposto: avere dei figli in età da matrimonio.
    In fondo è vero, non dico sia stata la sua fortuna ma è una constatazione banale a cui non avevo mai pensato lol

Nella seconda poi mi sembra critichi TB, ma non ne sono sicura. Non mi pare dica il nome della serie.

2. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Nella seconda poi mi sembra critichi TB, ma non ne sono sicura. Non mi pare dica il nome della serie.

Si dice che TB non è storicamente fedele e che è un peccato perché la storia è molto più interessante di quanto una sceneggiatura basata su di essa, stravolgendola, possa essere... #history is for books

EDIT: parla, invece, di Borgia! *nomina SkY* Dice che neppure loro storicamente parlando hanno rispettato i fatti, ma che hanno puntato più sulla parte "cruda", "violenta".

3. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ah ecco sì. #borgia

4. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dunque, sto ascoltando. #è bella lunga Parlo della seconda.
    Sembra davvero decisa a fare le cose per bene. Dice di avere speso un anno in biblioteche prima di scrivere (per un anno e mezzo) e di aver visitato i luoghi. Sto quasi quasi cominciando a fidarmi. XD

5. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ok, sentite anche le altre due. Interessante nella prima l'interpretazione della depressione come abbandono da parte di Dio e la riflessione sulla musica nella vita di tutti i giorni. In quella di Lucrezia ho notato un'imprecisione -se non ricordo male, il Papa che segue Giulio II è Giovanni De Medici, che, come invece dice Sarah, non aveva figli. Quanto al discorso sulla mafia, Lil, non ne parla in relazione ai Borgia, ma all'importanza della famiglia in Italia ancora oggi -tanto che certe famiglie sono associate anche nei crimini.
    Bello il paragone tra Cesare e Icaro. Inoltre pare avere una visione abbastanza chiara di lui -ben lontana da NJ lol.
    E c'è anche la violenza carnale a Caterina. *_* #la pensa come noi LOL

Interessante anche la riflessione sulle donne e se sono davvero solo vittime ma riuscivano a elevarsi tramite il loro cervello.
    E a quanto pare ci sarà un sequel. XD #ecco

6. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazie per il chiarimento allora!

7. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

... This is alarming.

CITAZIONE
    Fun and quickly moving historical fiction. Rather close to Showtime's version of The Borgias

CITAZIONE
    Top this with a difficult to follow time line and two-dimensional characters and you have a barely tolerable read.

*Aoife legge le recensioni e si spaventa*

[x]

8. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ok, forse era bene restare scettiche come Aoife.

9. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

Lol. Mi pare di intuire che ci sia speranza di leggere un buon lavoro! :)

10. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Finchè non lo leggiamo non sapremo mai.

11. Julia_Katina
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Filippa Lillonza II @ 7/5/2013, 20:55) 
    Finchè non lo leggiamo non sapremo mai.

Lapidaria. XD

12. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sarah Dunant scrive di cosa prova finendo di scrivere un libro. // Sarah Dunant writes about finishing a book.

CITAZIONE
    My anxious mood could, of course, be the weather. With spring cancelled this year due to our double dip recession, it has been the bleakest March anyone can remember and if one was to translate that sense of hopelessness into politics, then the incessant rain would be made up of people’s tears. Though at least they might melt the ice with their hot fury.

So yes, it could be the weather. But it could also be work. Though writing can be hard and, with a book as long as Blood and Beauty, seem sometimes endless, even the worst bits when you are stranded without wind in your sails pass eventually and by then you are used to being alone on the ocean. But once the writing and editing are over you are suddenly plunged into a more jagged set of rhythms. This Easter weekend I finished the final proofs, that will go to America – the book doesn’t come out until July there. It was the last shot at fixing those twelve sentences that still defied me however much I played with them, that and slipping in the odd change so clearly necessary – why had I not seen it before? – which will mean that the two editions have a few subtle, indeed minuscule differences, that only I will be able to spot. But now it is over: wrapped up in units fed ex package waiting for the delivery man tomorrow morning and out of my hands. No more tinkering. No more illusion that I am still writing,

I am not complaining you understand. Fate has already been kind to me with this book (though writing about the Borgias has convinced me , rather as it convinced Cesare and Machiavelli that fate is a cold goddess who as interested in mischief as she is in any justice). Pope Benedict XV1 ‘s resignation and the ensuing furor over the conclave have meant that people are interested all over again in papal power and the; politics of Rome , not to mention the way the tidal wave of sexual abuse that is currently enveloping the Catholic Church also speaks loudly of history and Catholicism systematic failure to address the problems of celibacy. Suddenly the 15th century does not seem so far away. I have been part of a number of debate, both on air and in print, and invited to talk at festival and universities abut history and fiction and what we can learn from it . At one level I love all this. I understand not everybody enjoys speaking publically, but I do. I think it is because its not me I am talking about, but ideas and so with audience that wants to take part ( and everybody these days) it is like having a real conversation. What is not to like?

Except as my diary gets fuller I can feel this nameless sense if anxiety building up.

Why am I so nervous? What is stopping me sleeping, what is tying my stomach in knots. I worked hard before, but is usually creates more energy not less.

It has taken those who me love most to enlighten me. The answer, Dear Sarah, is that you are only four weeks away from publication. That is what you are nervous about. It’s as simple as that”

Needless to say they are right. This is the part of the job that every writer hates, when everything can be done has been done (those ten sentences will never be fixed) and all you can is wait Of course because you are a write that doesn’t stop you imagining. I have of course composed a number of reviews already in my own head. Roughly speaking they divide into “when they are god they are very very good. And when they are bad they are horrid”. The idea is to make one oblivious to both (since both can tip off the cliff). Of course it doesn’t work. But least now I’ve done I can try and get on with other things.

Because of course there is is nothing I can do. For now it’s clear what I have to do. Forget it and let time take its course . I who spend so much of my working life in history should be better than this.

Wishful thinking to believe one has any control over the future. Much of what is about to happen has been moving and growing beneath us its path decided long before we are conscious of it. Like the banking crisis and the weather we would needed to have made changes long ago to affect the outcome.

Those ten sentences haunt me. But are just the symbols of all that cannot be changed. The photo is of a Camilia bush in my garden. Those buds have been there a long time now, either the frost has done for them or at the first real signs of sun they will explode into blossom. When it comes to Blood and Beauty I feel somewhat the same way. We are both waiting for spring to find out.

Time for displacement activities. Next week the only holiday I will get this year. Anyone know what the weather is like in Sicily?

[x]

13. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Lista di eventi con Sarah Dunant. // Sarah Dunant list of events.

14. Miss.ChatterBox
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sarah Dunant per BBC Radio 3 al minuto 01:32.00! // Sarah Dunant on BBC Radio 3 at minute 01:32.00!

Edited by Julia_Katina - 8/5/2013, 18:40

15. Filippa Lillonza II
        +1   -1

User deleted

Non so se è capitato anche a voi ma la mia intervista si ferma dopo 2/3 minuti ç_ç non si carica più

136 replies since 2/5/2013, 15:40   1422 views